2013 Reliability in Aus. Any issues?

This is a discussion on 2013 Reliability in Aus. Any issues? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; My partner's set on buying a 2013 Evoque, but she's a little hesitant with Land Rovers reputation. Everyone we speak to, inc our mechanic keeps ...

Member #

My partner's set on buying a 2013 Evoque, but she's a little hesitant with Land Rovers reputation. Everyone we speak to, inc our mechanic keeps saying stay away from LR, or anything German in that case.

The little info I've read here is that the main issues were in the 2012 model, but since have been fixed.

Now that it's mid 2017, is there anyone with a reasonable amount of km's that could provide their experiences with their car?
    Has it been reliable? Have you done a lot of ks? Would you still have bought an Evoque with the knowledge you have now?
    Has anything that's broken felt way over priced to fix?

Most cars we're looking at are close to or over 100,000k's on the odometer.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Jay.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Jay, Welcome to the forum!

The MY13 Evoque still used the 6 speed automatic transmission, and has not had the issues of the 9 speed that was brought out in MY14 on, assuming you are looking at an automatic, manual Evoques are not sold in the US.

We have a MY13 North American Spec. Evoque Coupe. We have had zero problems.... but it is a garage queen, and a grocery getter for the wife. Have only put 9,000 miles on the clock in four years, so I wanted to be clear we haven't done normal milage. If you can get the service history for the one you want to buy, that would be a big help in deciding if it's the one you want.

Member #
    Thanks Rsquared, much appreciated.

I honestly prefer manual (have a few manual options here, but not many), though I think she's after an auto.
    What was the issue with the 9 speed? I hadn't read up on that issue yet. Definitely good to know though!
    Has a recall been done for that, or has it been resolved post MY14?

Good to hear! That's definitely low miles in 4 years!

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    There have been many campaigns to update the software to make the 9 speed shift better. I think the most complaints were that the 9 speed wouldn't down shift until very low revs, making it seem sluggish. Lots of posts on this forum about the 9 speed. Use the "Advanced Search" button at the top of the main page to look for posts.

Below is a link to a post, that has a link to a technical explanation, of how the 9 speed works.
    Good luck on your quest for an Evoque.

https://www.evoqueforums.net/forum/ev...f-9-speed.html

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by inked View Post
    My partner's set on buying a 2013 Evoque, but she's a little hesitant with Land Rovers reputation. Everyone we speak to, inc our mechanic keeps saying stay away from LR, or anything German in that case.

The little info I've read here is that the main issues were in the 2012 model, but since have been fixed.

Now that it's mid 2017, is there anyone with a reasonable amount of km's that could provide their experiences with their car?
    Has it been reliable? Have you done a lot of ks? Would you still have bought an Evoque with the knowledge you have now?
    Has anything that's broken felt way over priced to fix?

Most cars we're looking at are close to or over 100,000k's on the odometer.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Jay.
    I am at 35,000 miles now on my 13 Dynamic and only issue I had was airbag light sensor. So the dealer in California had my car for a month because part was back ordered. They gave me a new Dynamic to drive for a month. No cost and repaired.
    Nothing since. Maintenance is about $400 a year. Registration in California is $400 a year. $74 for 2 years in Oregon. Go figure. Lol
    I have had many BMW M cars and my evoque has had less problems than any of my BMWs and they were under warranty. So far in my experience the evoque has been more reliable than any BMW or Mercedes.
    I did my research before I bought mine. The issues Land Rover had were 15+ years ago and mostly electrical. Then two new owners purchased Land Rover and spent millions upgrading their QA process and hiring more master mechanics with actual degrees and training. So now Land Rover is just as reliable or better than BMW, Mercedes, Aston Martin etc. of course the Japense cars have better reviews and reliability but Land Rover has come along way IMO.

I am going to buy a Velar Black Pack Edition next year. Never buy a first year model. Go second or third year.
    Last edited by endless; 03-06-2018 at 02:50 AM.

Member #
    I have a 2015 Dynamic with 43000 miles. I am taking it in for the first warranty work since I have owned it. I purchased it last June with about 37,000 miles.

1) Sunglass holder won't stay closed (common problem and this was already broken when I purchased it)
    2) Auto stop/start isn't working (this stopped working in the last 3 months and seems to be a common problem)
    3) Rear window sprayer doesn't spray, but instead is just a jet stream in one spot
    4) fluid leak under the front differential where the 2 metal hoses attach (not sure when this started)
    5) right rear camera flashes back and forth between the red X and the camera, the front left camera doesn't work at all
    6) possible coolant leak. Coolant is a little low and I sometimes smell coolant. But I see no evidence of a leak
    7) got the "low battery, start car within 3 minutes" warning. I'm not sure if this is due to a low battery or some other issue. I only got it once
    8) 2 times in the last few weeks I have gotten the "2 wheel drive only traction reduced" when I started the car. I have heard this can either be a rear differential issue or just a software issue

I'm not happy with all of these problems, but I do still enjoy driving the car. With ever car under warranty that I have ever owned I have always had a few issues, but maybe only 3 or 4 total during the entire time of the warranty.

Member #
    I am also in Aus, I had my 2013 Sd4 Dynamic with auto and the 6 speed box for near to 5 years with just on 108,000 km when sold. I replaced it in December for a new Disco 5. It was just the most fantastic car, it had heaps of power when needed, it went were ever I wanted when I was out doing 4Wd driving and cruising. I had one warranty issue in its entire life, a part replaced in the air con and I had a battery replaced early on. I have my cars on novated leases so I never had much to do with paying for servicing. When I sold it was still in a near new look so it all held together fantastically well.

Ads