2012 engine swap

2012 engine swap

This is a discussion on 2012 engine swap within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I recently purchased a 2012 Evoque, The engine has a dead cylinder. Number 2 only has 40psi and the other three have between 160 and ...

Member #

2012 engine swap

I recently purchased a 2012 Evoque, The engine has a dead cylinder. Number 2 only has 40psi and the other three have between 160 and 170. My question is from what I am seeing on the net is that the engine is the same as a 2012-2014 ford Edge. I am trying to figure out if this is correct or not. Since a ford edge engine is a lot cheaper than trying to find a Rover engine. Also it needs an alternator, am I correct in assuming that this is a ford part as well? It shows charging system fault and I assume that is making everything else electrical go nuts, as in the emergency brake and transmission as well as a slew of other warning messages. Any help we be greatly welcomed for this newbie.
    Thank you in advance,
    Richard
    [email protected]

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Rivkin101, Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear of your engine issues. The Evoque did use the Ford 2.0 liter EcoBoost engine, which I believe is the same as the Ford Edge years you listed. Are you sure it is a problem with the piston rings that is the cause of your low compression, and not a valve issue. If it is the valves, a valve job would be far less and easier than an engine swap. If it were me I'd make sure it is a piston ring issue causing the low compression before proceeding. Direct Injected engines, and this one in particular are known for carbon deposits on the number two cylinder valves near the PCV valve.

Have a look at this youtube video. I realize it is about a Ford, but it is the same engine as we have.

Not sure about the alternator. It may be worth a good look at the one you have, to look for a part number, or even a Ford logo.

Good luck! Let us know how you make out.

Member #
    Thank you very much!!!

Ads