Just purchased a 2014 Range Rover Zanzibar Metallic

This is a discussion on Just purchased a 2014 Range Rover Zanzibar Metallic within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; this past week had a few questions about the vehicle , Not sure if changes can be made or not, When leaving the vehicle , ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rsquared

Thread: Just purchased a 2014 Range Rover Zanzibar Metallic

Member #

this past week had a few questions about the vehicle , Not sure if changes can be made or not, When leaving the vehicle , can't manually lock the door with the driver side door button when exiting the vehicle, , also really don't like the side mirrors going down when backing up, getting out of the garage this feature makes it so difficult that yoru mirrors don't hit the side of the garage door, also when parking the vehicle and hitting the parking brake, as soon as i take off my seatbelt the vehicle shuts off, this may be a convenient for some but if i don't want to turn vehicle off , Thank for you help , love everything else about the vehicle

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Mailmanmike, Welcome to the forum!

Zanzibar is a really cool color.

As to your locking question... Do you have the "Passive Entry" option on your Evoque? Here in the US, if you can lock and unlock the doors by just touching the two horizontal bars on the door handle, we call it Passive Entry. In the UK they call it Keyless Entry, and show how to use Passive Entry under the title of Keyless Entry in the owner's manual. Two countries separated by a common language. Just to add to the confusion, the door handles are the same whether or not you have the Passive Entry option.

The easiest way to find the options on your vehicle is to register for a username and password at the Land Rover TOPIx site. https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/t...cle/lookupForm
    You do NOT have to be a dealer or independent operator to register. Just click the register button on the right middle of the page. Once you are logged in, you can enter your 17 digit VIN and find all the options that came on your particular car.

I believe on MY14 Evoques you can still program a setting for where you want the mirrors while reversing. This changed in MY16 on, to a fixed setting. With the car running select reverse, adjust the mirrors to where you want them, and then select Neutral. They should go to that position each time reverse is selected. You can also power fold the mirrors in when backing out of the garage if your worried about them hitting. Push both of the mirror selection buttons at once, the ones you would use to select which mirror to adjust, and the mirrors should power fold in. Push them again and the mirrors should unfold.

Not sure about the engine turning off when the seat belt is released. Might be a fixed safety option.

I hope this helps.

Member #
    Great help, fixed the mirrors and logged into the TOPIx site, but not sure where to find the options of vehicle, alot of information to click on, Thanks again for the help

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Once you get logged in to TOPIx, put your VIN in the "VIN Selection" box and click "Find". On the next page that comes up, there will be a "Vehicle Features" box. In the upper right hand corner of that box there is a menu icon, shown as dashed lines. Click on that icon and all of the options for your Evoque will be displayed, as well as the options you don't have.
    Mailmanmike likes this.

Ads