First time buyer here.

First time buyer here.

This is a discussion on First time buyer here. within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; hello forum, i was looking up some info on evoke and came across this page.. i will be buying 2013 or 2014 RR evouque. i ...

Member #

First time buyer here.

hello forum,

i was looking up some info on evoke and came across this page..

i will be buying 2013 or 2014 RR evouque. i was just wondering hows the car in terms of maintenance and efficiency ?
    lit is 4CL and 2.0 L engine so thats good and it does look awesome!!
    keep i mind i am coming from toyota rav4 ( upgrade lol).

any sticky or post that would insight some information ?

thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Snrover, Welcome to the forum!

You can find folks that have had no problems with their Evoques, and folks that have had nightmares, the same as most brands today.
    The MY13 Evoques used the 6 speed automatic transmission, which has been very trouble free. The MY14 and forward, use the 9 speed transmission, which many folks don't care for, due to the way it shifts. There have been many software upgrades to the 9 speed to try and cure this, but some folks still don't like the way it shifts. You can use the search function on the forum to look for transmission issues.

What ever Evoque you buy, you need to get the service history, and make sure all of the service campaigns have been done.

Member #
    Hated the shift programming on my 2015 9-speed ZF transmission. strangely- i love the shifting on my 2016. then again- the fuel economy is a little less. 23-24 rather than 24-25mpg.

only had my 2015 for 2 years and 24Kmi. no real issues- except the eyeglass holder which was replaced twice. Other than that- a solid vehicle- not a creak or rattle.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Thank yoy very much for the response.

I was thinking of getting the 13 model as in canada its around $ 30-33k.
    I will be going for test drive tomorrow. And i was wondering hows the space in the back ? From pictures it doesnt look like it has much space but i could be wrong.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    The Evoque is a small SUV, there is no getting around that fact. By in the back, are you asking about the rear seats, or the boot area. The boot is small, but the rear seats fold down to give extra room for groceries, etc. We have a MY13 Coupe. IMHO the rear seats have plenty of room, although the ingress and egress in the Coupe, can be hard for larger folks. We don't have that many occasions to have folks get into the back, mostly just my granddaughter, so we didn't care how hard it was to get in the back. We went for the Coupe because of the styling.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsquared View Post
    The Evoque is a small SUV, there is no getting around that fact. By in the back, are you asking about the rear seats, or the boot area. The boot is small, but the rear seats fold down to give extra room for groceries, etc. We have a MY13 Coupe. IMHO the rear seats have plenty of room, although the ingress and egress in the Coupe, can be hard for larger folks. We don't have that many occasions to have folks get into the back, mostly just my granddaughter, so we didn't care how hard it was to get in the back. We went for the Coupe because of the styling.
    I actually went to dealer today and took it fir test drive and i find the car being fine but does look bit small it is what it is.

What you guys think about this deal ?
    2013 RR Dynamic fully loaded with 47k millage for $45k. Best they would do is $42k.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Mileage is about right for a daily driver. If it is truly loaded, AND a CPO vehicle then $42k Canadian is fairly close to what you would expect to pay. If it isn't a CPO vehicle, then I think that might be a little high. Your $42k Canadian, equates to about $32,340 US dollars, which would be for a CPO purchase here in the US.

You can always make a lower offer, and be firm that if not accepted, you will walk. Doesn't hurt to try!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsquared View Post
    Mileage is about right for a daily driver. If it is truly loaded, AND a CPO vehicle then $42k Canadian is fairly close to what you would expect to pay. If it isn't a CPO vehicle, then I think that might be a little high. Your $42k Canadian, equates to about $32,340 US dollars, which would be for a CPO purchase here in the US.

You can always make a lower offer, and be firm that if not accepted, you will walk. Doesn't hurt to try!
    its CPO- Fully loaded
    Break pad and roater been changed and also the front tire.

I am thinking of buying it tbh

I have been reading up on different forum and comments etc they all say to watch for maintenance and service as it has many problems! Which is kind of making me worried about it...
    but again not all would have issue.

Ads