hit while in transport

hit while in transport

This is a discussion on hit while in transport within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; After a 3 month wait for my new white Prestige, got a call from dealer mon. morn and said got good news and bad news. ...

Member #

Unhappy hit while in transport

After a 3 month wait for my new white Prestige, got a call from dealer mon. morn and said got good news and bad news. Good news is your car is in, bad news is it got backed into by a semi at the truckstop. It was the back lower car on the transport. Sooooo 4500 damage later, new tailgate and bumper , and 3 wks more I should get my evouqe. Not serious damage, but they have to special make the parts on the line because all parts are already specified to allotted cars. So im sure everything will be fine, just a little longer wait.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I am sure sorry to hear that. Has to be rough after waiting for 3 months to have to wait some more. At least it will be all new parts, no repaired parts.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #
    I was thinking about that the other day that if I got into an accident would they have parts to repair it yet.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DynamicFuji2012 View Post
    I was thinking about that the other day that if I got into an accident would they have parts to repair it yet.
    I really do not want to think about that.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #
    Whenever you trade a car one of the first things a dealer will do is walk around your car with a paint thickness measuring device. This allows him to discover any damage and subsequent body shop work. Also, if work is discovered it will de-value your trade. I'd ask for a considerable discount on the car. How much?
    My opinion 2K. Good luck!

Member #
    "Tested" my airbags in February, took nine weeks and $17k to repair the front end*. The part that took the longest to get was the leather dash pad. Needed to be replaced because the passenger side air bag deploys through it. That part alone was $1,500. Luckily no one was injured too bad and all of the damage was cosmetic. Took the hit right at the frame but was still in spec. Besides a face full of airbag, a minor concussion and a "missing" few minutes afterward, no major injuries here.

*(Hood repaired, bumper, drivers side head light & fender, bumper, drivers side camera, a few misc engine hoses, paint, etc.)

-Dano

Member #
    Sorry to hear you were in a wreck, glad no one was seriously hurt. Nice to know the safety equipment works as it should.

Ads