Opinions on the Range Rover Evoque?

This is a discussion on Opinions on the Range Rover Evoque? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; If you really like it and if cash is not object to you, I'd say go for it. If you enjoy it, that's all that ...

Member #

If you really like it and if cash is not object to you, I'd say go for it. If you enjoy it, that's all that matters. It won't be much more practical than a hatchback though. And it's so expensive I'd be afraid to take it anywhere off-road. Also, it can't do anything off-road that a dirt, dirt cheap ford bronco can't do either or better. I'm not saying it's a bad car though. My only exposure to the Evoque is through Top Gear and they rather like it (SEE LINK BELOW).
    Let me warn you though. It's not just going to be the initial purchase price that's going to be expensive. Maintenance will cost more, it doesn't get great gas mileage, the insurance for a luxury car is quite high, and if, God forbid, something breaks on a British car your going to have to take out a second mortgage. Relative to other cars they're not going to sell that many Evoques, so there is not going to be any aftermarket for parts. This means Range Rover will be the only ones to sell you parts and they're going to be catastrophically expensive. If you watch the provided link, you can hear James May talk about how sophisticated the dynamic suspension is. That is more to go wrong and expensive to replace if it does. With that said, I'm not a fan of crossovers or SUVs but if I had to have one, I wouldn't mind having the Evoque at all. MB STAR C5
    Good luck with your tough decision. Hope this helped.
    What year?

Landrover - Range rover has been owned by India's Tata Motors for abt 4 yrs.

When it was Ford owned w/ BMW components, it was unreliable and very expensive to service & repair.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Ads