Opinions on the Range Rover Evoque?

This is a discussion on Opinions on the Range Rover Evoque? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; If you really like it and if cash is not object to you, I'd say go for it. If you enjoy it, that's all that ...

Member #

If you really like it and if cash is not object to you, I'd say go for it. If you enjoy it, that's all that matters. It won't be much more practical than a hatchback though. And it's so expensive I'd be afraid to take it anywhere off-road. Also, it can't do anything off-road that a dirt, dirt cheap ford bronco can't do either or better. I'm not saying it's a bad car though. My only exposure to the Evoque is through Top Gear and they rather like it (SEE LINK BELOW). MB STAR C5
    Let me warn you though. It's not just going to be the initial purchase price that's going to be expensive. Maintenance will cost more, it doesn't get great gas mileage, the insurance for a luxury car is quite high, and if, God forbid, something breaks on a British car your going to have to take out a second mortgage. Relative to other cars they're not going to sell that many Evoques, so there is not going to be any aftermarket for parts. This means Range Rover will be the only ones to sell you parts and they're going to be catastrophically expensive. If you watch the provided link, you can hear James May talk about how sophisticated the dynamic suspension is. That is more to go wrong and expensive to replace if it does. With that said, I'm not a fan of crossovers or SUVs but if I had to have one, I wouldn't mind having the Evoque at all.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Why are you talking about an Evoque if you don't have one? What perspective can you offer? How is the performance band agility of the vehicle?

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X90F using Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by im.runandgun View Post
    Why are you talking about an Evoque if you don't have one? What perspective can you offer? How is the performance band agility of the vehicle?

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X90F using Tapatalk
    Exactly.

He has no experience with an evoque therefore rendering his opinion invalid.

The Evoque is not expensive, maintenance is cheaper than my BMW M3 and Acura NSX. I can go on and on. For me The Evoque is in the same class as the Audi Q5, BMW X5 etc. well my black pack edition is anyway and I am a former owner of an X5M and can tell you with certainty that the evoque is cheaper all around with maintenance and parts than an X5M and M4. That’s a fact.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I have one and it is PERFECT! Never had a problem mechanically or electronically nor with its abilities to go off- road and I leave in a rural area which a lot of mountains and snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by alice88auto View Post
    If you really like it and if cash is not object to you, I'd say go for it. If you enjoy it, that's all that matters. It won't be much more practical than a hatchback though. And it's so expensive I'd be afraid to take it anywhere off-road. Also, it can't do anything off-road that a dirt, dirt cheap ford bronco can't do either or better. I'm not saying it's a bad car though. My only exposure to the Evoque is through Top Gear and they rather like it (SEE LINK BELOW). MB STAR C5
    Let me warn you though. It's not just going to be the initial purchase price that's going to be expensive. Maintenance will cost more, it doesn't get great gas mileage, the insurance for a luxury car is quite high, and if, God forbid, something breaks on a British car your going to have to take out a second mortgage. Relative to other cars they're not going to sell that many Evoques, so there is not going to be any aftermarket for parts. This means Range Rover will be the only ones to sell you parts and they're going to be catastrophically expensive. If you watch the provided link, you can hear James May talk about how sophisticated the dynamic suspension is. That is more to go wrong and expensive to replace if it does. With that said, I'm not a fan of crossovers or SUVs but if I had to have one, I wouldn't mind having the Evoque at all.

I have one and I love it. It's by far the best looking SUV, has decent power, and it's more than capable. I have no plans to sell it, trade it, or otherwise get rid of it. Given your post all you do is complain about how expensive everything is. Might I suggest stop focusing on the lack of something (money) and focus instead on the abundance of everything. You're whole life will change, and money will no longer be an object.

Have a beautiful day!
    Everything I do prospers

It feels good to be lost in the right direction

Ads