Anyone else see a little Kia in the Evoque?

This is a discussion on Anyone else see a little Kia in the Evoque? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; When I was driving the other day a Kia Soul pulled up next to me and I started thinking about the Evoque body lines. Anyone ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Anyone else see a little Kia in the Evoque?

Member #

When I was driving the other day a Kia Soul pulled up next to me and I started thinking about the Evoque body lines. Anyone else see a similarity?

"Range Rover Evoque = Epic Win"

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Yeah, there is a very slight resemblance.

Member #
    haha.. did you really compare a range rover to a kia? hmmm.. well maybe a bit of evoque is showing up in the lower part of the body (door panels)

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Maybe a bit if you squint

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by epicwin View Post
    When I was driving the other day a Kia Soul pulled up next to me and I started thinking about the Evoque body lines. Anyone else see a similarity?
    Glad you noticed it, since I saw the Evoque concept car (LRX concept) in 2008 I saw the similarities .... hard not to notice since they are both unique form factors, just a bit of history-

Kia Soul concept design (2005) by Mike Torpey
    Kia Soul concept (2006)
    LRX concept design (2007?) Gerry McGovern "design group"
    The world debut of the LRX concept (Evoque) January 2008
    Kia Soul'ster Concept (2009)
    Kia Soul Denim (2009-) limited production of 1,200
    Kia Soul USA 2010

Production of the Evoque started on 4 July 2011

Having said all of this I was pleasantly surprised when Land Rover paid homage to a brilliant design. Very impressive development of the form factor in an elegant vehicle.
    Last edited by Will; 02-18-2012 at 07:19 AM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 4nines View Post
    Maybe a bit if you squint
    Squint just a bit harder, your eyes will close completely...C'mon, enough small SUVs look enough alike that you could convince me just about any two have something in common. You wouldn't be on this forum or be reading these words if you really thought the Evoque looked that much like a Kia. You'd be on the sorrento forum, or whatever.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Evocurious View Post
    Squint just a bit harder, your eyes will close completely...C'mon, enough small SUVs look enough alike that you could convince me just about any two have something in common. You wouldn't be on this forum or be reading these words if you really thought the Evoque looked that much like a Kia. You'd be on the sorrento forum, or whatever.
    You have to be either kidding or blind ... enough people see the design and some just are design challenged, nothing to be ashamed of but not something to shout from the hills either.

The only reason I gave a rat's a** was someone who did see the "deign clues" was under the assumption the Evoque preceded the KIA as pointed out in the creation history it's just not the case, if you have something to say about who took what from who I'm interested, if you just post to hear yourself sound foolish I couldn't care less. So get glasses or a sense of design or not- no skin off my a**.

BTW my Evoque is beautiful and I bought it because of the design and if I was a kid who couldn't afford much I'd have jumped on the KIA Soul ... for the design.
    Last edited by Will; 02-17-2012 at 09:30 PM.

Member #
    Wow, when you're right, you're right, Will. And clearly, you're right.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Evocurious View Post
    Wow, when you're right, you're right, Will. And clearly, you're right.
    Sarcasm duly noted as in your other posts ... I'm sure your mom thinks you are adorable why not keep it to your primary audience.

Member #
    Reminds me of the Isuzu VehiCross. Probably will be just as rare in the future too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads