Rattles

Rattles

This is a discussion on Rattles within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Rattle from rear near side seat belt area,seems to get a lot better after running for about 15 minutes (coupe.Checked normal things ,seats ,parcel shelve,clicked ...

Thread: Rattles

Member #

Rattles

Rattle from rear near side seat belt area,seems to get a lot better after running for about 15 minutes (coupe.Checked normal things ,seats ,parcel shelve,clicked seat belts together to no avail.It appears to be around area of seat belt area.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Granville, Welcome to the forum!

We have a MY13 Coupe. I thought we had a rattle, but it was the seat belt "tapping" on top of the seat by my left ear. There is no seat belt height adjustment in the Coupes, like there is in the four door models. If I move the seat belt to my left it stops the tapping. I offered this suggestion to an Evoque convertible owner in the UK, and she found it was the same issue, with the seat belt hitting on the top of the seat.

It appears you are in the UK, so the "near side" is to your left, correct? This would mean the seat belt would hit the right top of your seat. It could be the same issue as above, and it just sounds like it is the other side. I would also try taking a run with the rear seat back laid down, to prove it isn't the rear seat latch making the noise. Have seen a lot of posts about the rear seat latches being the source of rattles on the UK Evoque forum.

Ads