roof sun glasses pocket broke

This is a discussion on roof sun glasses pocket broke within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; hi, can anyone please help the sun glasses holder in the roof is hanging down and will not shut not sure if anything missing, there ...

Member #

hi, can anyone please help the sun glasses holder in the roof is hanging down and will not shut not sure if anything missing, there is a spring on the right hand side, can anyone help me fix this problem need diagram if poss

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    it's a crappy design. they break constantly. I've had mine replaced/repaired twice in the first two years.
    LRJ knows all about it, as they used the same design on Jag's as well.

take it to the dealer and have them fix it. if your vehicle isn't under warranty, try to get them to fix it anyway as it's a design flaw.

fwiw, it's the only thing that has gone wrong with my evoque.

Member #
    It's out of warranty but cheers any chance of pictures of it opened so I can see if anything missing, before I order new part

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    it's a known manufacturing defect. call your service advisor and see if they'll cover it out of warranty. best I can suggest.

Member #
    I would say it is a design flaw before a defect. Mine was bad brand new from the dealer.
    There is no back to the holder, put your specs in there close it and stop fast enough - the arms of your glasses can 'fall' out the front of the holder, causing it to stick when you try to open it. force it down and the latch breaks.
    Tech at my dealer told me simply put a couple business cards and a cleaning cloth in the holder then make sure that you put the glasses in lens down (when the holder is closed) on top of the cards and cloth.
    That should keep the arms out of the mechanism and prevent the jamb.

Ads