I'm Having Second Thoughts....

This is a discussion on I'm Having Second Thoughts.... within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hi Guys. First of let me say that since I order the Dynamic Evoque back in March, I have been coming to this forum almost ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: I'm Having Second Thoughts....

Member #

Hi Guys.
    First of let me say that since I order the Dynamic Evoque back in March, I have been coming to this forum almost everyday to read about your experiences. It has been great, and I have learned a lot.

I have a friend that is a mechanic and was arguing with me that the Evoque is just the Ford Expedition with a different body. I know the engine is Ford, but I still am not convinced that its the same car. I know there are a lot of manufacturers that make the same car with different bodies (Eclipse/Talon for example) but tell me this isn't so.

I am having second thoughts about this car. I know its cool, but is it worth $12 - $15,000 more than the top of the line Ford Explorer? Honestly, take me out of canceling my order cause I do want this car, but its a lot more money, both in price and insurance.

Eric B.
    Boston, MA

Last edited by Sputnikk; 05-02-2012 at 12:17 PM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Yes it is a Ford engine, built in Spain. Asian makes the auto trans, not a Ford company. JLR is just buying the engine from Ford, the transmission form Asian.

Deawoo was bought by TATA in 2004. Ford Sold Jaguar / Land Rover March 28 2008 to Tata Motors. So the companies are not using the same frames and so on. The concept came out after JLR was bought by Tata. Its an in house design.

I am sure if you check you will find wheel base, width and weight and so on all different from the Explorer.

I sure would not trade mine for an Explorer, even if I was give 15K to even the trade out.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #
    It comes down to taste. Clearly this car is not a Ford. I don't think you can boil it down to comparing the two vehicles but adding $15k. You have to compare this car to others in the same class. And I think the outsourced engine is a plus, to be honest. British luxury and amenities with reliable powertrain. I have had second thoughts because of the cost from time to time, but I think it is mostly because I made my decision and then have been waiting 3+ months for the fruit of my decision. I say hang in there!! I'll let you know in 2 days if it was worth the wait for me!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I know I read somewhere that Range Rover has spent a considerable effort trying to keep the weight of the Evoque down. New materials were mentioned. I don't think Ford does that. Also, at 80 mph both my Evoques are quiet and very stable, especially the one with the "Dynamic" suspension.

Member #
    Thanks for the feedback. I think I will just put it out of my mind and wait for the build date. I was promised June, but we'll see. Im sure once I get it, then I would have no doubts in my mind. Its a lot of money for me, and a huge change in cars. I am excited, but nervous. Thanks for helps.

Eric

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywagon View Post
    Also, at 80 mph both my Evoques are quiet and very stable, especially the one with the "Dynamic" suspension.
    My dynamic, with it in dynamic mode is extermely stable and comfortable. My wife, who never drive more than five over was driving it the first time on the interstate, after a couple minutes I asked her if she planned on staying at 95 mph. She had no clue she was going that fast. No wind noise, great ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnikk View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I think I will just put it out of my mind and wait for the build date. I was promised June, but we'll see. Im sure once I get it, then I would have no doubts in my mind. Its a lot of money for me, and a huge change in cars. I am excited, but nervous. Thanks for helps.

Eric
    Normally I buy inexpensive cars. My last car an 07 impala a base mode was 20K new, and I got it 6 months old for 14K. I have never spent more than 20K for a car, now my trucks cost way more. I have to have a one ton, so my last one an 06 was 45K.

So a loaded dynamic was way more than that, and not near as functional as my truck.

That said, I love the Evoque. It's a joy to drive. I was sick to my stomach when I bought it for spending that much on a want, not a need. After a week of driving it, I am sure glad I bought it.

malharden likes this.
    2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #
    I do agree with (FLSTFIDave). I have a loaded Dynamic also. I love it...I have no regrets...

Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnikk View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I think I will just put it out of my mind and wait for the build date. I was promised June, but we'll see. Im sure once I get it, then I would have no doubts in my mind. Its a lot of money for me, and a huge change in cars. I am excited, but nervous. Thanks for helps.Eric
    Hello,No it is not like the explorer for that matter, but definitely a nicer car design than any cars out there.I think you are going to be very happy with the Evoque dynamic, as it is one of the nicest looking cars in the world ( in this modality).If you are not concerned in changing cars every year or so, then, buy it you won't regret.Problems you see in the site are not consistent problems, unfortunately some of us are having them all, but slowly they are getting fixed.Good luck and don't change your mind, as your are going to be in a different category with an Evoque.Best of luck,Brazeagle

Member #
    I have only had the Evoque a day, but already have had most of my doubts cancelled. I love this car. Great to drive, luxurious, tight feeling, sporty but SUV-like. Best of everything. The problem is, I had to wait so long that I second guessed the decision. Stick with it. You'll be happy you did.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    malharden likes this.

Member #
    I just stopped into the Dealer to sit in their model car, and just remember what I liked about the car. I talked to my sales guy and he just informed me that my ordered car will be in about a month early. I should have it by May 20th. So I am going to stick it through and I can't wait to see the my new car. Thanks for all your message.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads