Considering an Evoque

Considering an Evoque

This is a discussion on Considering an Evoque within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hi I'm considering buying an Evoque here in the states but I have a few gripes about a relatively expensive (for me) car. The first ...

Member #

Considering an Evoque

Hi

I'm considering buying an Evoque here in the states but I have a few gripes about a relatively expensive (for me) car. The first is the engine, you have to pay premium money for a Ford power plant. Does anyone know if this is the the exact same engine as in the Explorer, New Escape etc or has LR improved or modified it somehow?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffeyman View Post
    HiI'm considering buying an Evoque here in the states but I have a few gripes about a relatively expensive (for me) car. The first is the engine, you have to pay premium money for a Ford power plant. Does anyone know if this is the the exact same engine as in the Explorer, New Escape etc or has LR improved or modified it somehow?
    No idea. However, previously owned an Explorer V8, now driving an RX350 and test drove the si4 twice.It's only a 2.0L turbo, however, numbers are just that. Its the quickest car I've driven for a while. Loved it so much I have just placed my order for a Dynamic si4 coupe with tech pack, adaptive dynamics and 20" style 7's. How much power do you want? Not many cars can drive well (adaptive dynamics) and off road. Forget about the engine, this car is a thing of beauty. Think apple car.

Member #
    I did not test drive and of the Fords, but I must say this engine is very fast. The car moves through traffic with no problem at all.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I believe I heard it was the same engine that they are using in the contour svt and a few other models. It's a great engine for this car but when I go back and forth from my A6 supercharged to this, I wish I had a little more power.

Member #
    The Audi 3.0T is a very strong engine--the official specs probably under-rate it--so no surprise there.

LR's official torque figure for the 2.0T in the Evoque is 251 pound-feet. The 2.0T in the Edge and Explorer is rated for 270 pound-feet. So even if the mechanical bits are the same the programming is different. Why limit the engine in the Evoque? Possibly because they're using a different transmission that cannot handle more than 251 pound-feet. Intake and exhaust also tend to vary by vehicle, as space available varies.

Member #
    Thanks for your replies. I have checked out some other information online including a review on Youtube that disusses the engine with an LR engineer. As mentioned in the forum, I guess you have to take the car as a whole when considering whether to purchase. When looking at the remodelled 2013 Ford Esacape that comes with the Ecoboost 2.0, the interior refinements, off road capability, and awesome appearence is not there.

The other reservation I had concerning the Evoque is the restricted rear seat room and luggage space. I would be interested to hear the existing owners experiences concerning this aspect of the car. I am considering the 4 door Evoque.

Member #
    I think the 3-door takes a unique owner for those reasons. I have a 5d and have as much space as I need, but I have no kids. I really don't plan on using the back seat much for people (just my dogs) but I use the load space to transport a lot of gear for work. I was a bit worried about not having enough space and was worried about the back seat not going completely flat, but that has worked out great. There is more space than you would think. But if you are looking to have adults in the back seat regularly, they may feel legroom is lacking.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ads