Retrofitting heated facotry seats

This is a discussion on Retrofitting heated facotry seats within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I know this has been discussed before but I am in the process of getting this done and wanted to share with the group how ...

Member #

I know this has been discussed before but I am in the process of getting this done and wanted to share with the group how it goes. I have found an indy LR dealer who has said he will do the work.

He expects all the wiring to be there. I have checked the two fuses located in the rear where the fuses for the heated seats to be and there are fuses there and the spot for them has two clips so they are not just fuse holders.

Here are the parts, part numbers, and prices for what I expect to be needed:

Module LR018750 (heated seat module - 2 needed) - $112.15 each
    Upper seat element LR026729 (2 needed) - $50.29 each
    Lower seat element LR026719 (2 needed) - $112.52 each
    Climate control unit (with heated seats and w/o heated windshield) LR028200 - $414.90

Now I am unsure what the labor will be but I will report back when it is all done.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I thought the seats had the elements installed in all the seats regardless of the options. have you done this project yet?

Member #
    The seats do not have elements installed. This has been quite the journey. It is also been very expensive. Where we are right now is that the installer has agreed on a set price (parts and labor) to install the seats. It has been there for about 22 days and still no luck. An entire main harness has been ordered and they are covering the rental car each time it has gone in. They apparently have an "expert" coming in next week and he has promised 2 days to get them up and running.

So hopefully in the end we will have factory LR heated seats. Yes...it has been insanely costly. I do not suggest it to anyone else. I am hopeful that it will work (we have been promised it would) and we are only paying if it is.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Hope you get this sorted soon, and with a good outcome. You must "really" want heated seats, to go to all this time, effort, and expense.
    Let us know how you make out, and good luck!

Ads