4400 Miles, Seven Days In My Evoque

This is a discussion on 4400 Miles, Seven Days In My Evoque within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Folks, Just did a road trip in my Evoque from the east coast mid Atlantic to New Mexico.....and back. My two door Dynamic never faltered ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Skywagon

Thread: 4400 Miles, Seven Days In My Evoque

Member #

Folks,
    Just did a road trip in my Evoque from the east coast mid Atlantic to New Mexico.....and back. My two door Dynamic never faltered or hiccuped once. I'm certain my over-sized tires and wheel contributed to a 24.3 mpg, not what I'd hoped for, but also cruising in the high 70's + didn't help. One thing I also determined is the same over sized wheels and tires made a difference in the ride. Just drove my wife's Evoque with the stock 19's and it is much smoother. Of course the roads in our country are a mess, especially east of the Mississippi River. I switched back and forth from the standard ride to Dynamic numerous time to adjust for road conditions. One thing that amazed me was the lack of wind noise at high speeds in this car. Rather interesting since it has the aerodynamics of a brick....good quality insulation, as well as a car, I guess. One interesting thing I finally realized was my polarized sunglasses, after market side window tint and the heated windshield simply didn't mix. Found my tired old eyes hurting after several hours, it was simply too dark using all three. Finally ended using no glasses at all, just the sun visors even into morning and evening sun. Heated windshield is great if you need it but it definitely blurs the vision at night a tad. An old hot rodding buddy of mine and I were successful in removing the secondary Cat from the car and fabricating a new flange and pipe and welding it all together, he's a pro with a lift in his garage and every automotive tool under the sun. I'm uncertain if it helped mileage but it sure sounds better. Nice low rumble and no drone. Easily done if you know how to weld and have the tools and knowledge, which HE did. No "cel" lights now either. The O2 sensor is between the first and second cats.
    The nav system is irritating at times, slow and if you go to scales above 8 miles everything disappears, even some of the back roads I was on. Drove car through the mountains of northern New Mexico, SE CO, KS, OK, MO,TN and NC. We live in a truly beautiful and huge country.
    I'll post some pictures of the cat delete soon. Car definitely needs more HP but, for a little four cylinder, performed well at altitudes as high as 6300 ft. The torque at low end is a definite plus. I'm certainly hoping Brabus comes through with that performance package.
    All in all a very impressive car. Seats comfortable, excellent air conditioning and stereo.
    Thanks
    FLSTFIDave and nf3d0149ab like this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I had similar impressions after my first long road trip. I set the speed alarm to 75MPH because it's far to easy to hit 90 or above without realizing it. Very smooth and quiet, turn up the Meridian system and you hardly hear the car. Agree about the horsepower but here in California where there's a highway patrol every 1/4 mile there's not much need for more.

Member #
    Just did a 2 1/2 day drive from CT to AZ in my Evoque and found it a great ride. Averaged 70mph and 26.7mpg for the 2600 mile trip. The Evoque made those two 1K+ days roll by.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rdwarur View Post
    Just did a 2 1/2 day drive from CT to AZ in my Evoque and found it a great ride. Averaged 70mph and 26.7mpg for the 2600 mile trip. The Evoque made those two 1K+ days roll by.
    Glad to hear that I plan on taking mine on many road trips Nice to see another fellow AZ evoque owner on here.
    How to reset Warnings on your Evoque (Video)
    12 Evoque Dynamic 5D Fuji White/Onyx
    05 G35
    08 ISF
    09 GTR

SXL
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywagon View Post
    I'm certain my over-sized tires and wheel contributed to a 24.3 mpg
    What's the rim size you had on for the trip?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by gimme View Post
    I had similar impressions after my first long road trip. I set the speed alarm to 75MPH because it's far to easy to hit 90 or above without realizing it. Very smooth and quiet, turn up the Meridian system and you hardly hear the car. Agree about the horsepower but here in California where there's a highway patrol every 1/4 mile there's not much need for more.
    I didn't know there was a speed alarm and yes CHP coverage is ridiculous in the Bay Area.

Ads