Locking car without key fob

This is a discussion on Locking car without key fob within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; New owner of 2013 Evoque, how come I cannot lock my car when I get out by pushing the lock button on inside of door, ...

Member #

New owner of 2013 Evoque, how come I cannot lock my car when I get out by pushing the lock button on inside of door, I can only lock it with my key fob

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Add the fact that remote starts are not available among other things lacking.
    You would think that these would be standard, but not available at all is a disappointment.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Member #

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    As they say... "The US and the UK, two countries separated by a common language." Here in the US "Keyless Entry" is defined as unlocking a vehicle by pressing a button on a key fob. "Passive Entry" is defined in the US, as having to not use the key fob, and just touch the door handle. The Brits define "Keyless Entry" by what we call "Passive Entry". So unless your Evoque is equipped with Passive Entry, which was an upgrade option on most models, you can't lock/unlock the doors by just touching the door handles. To add to the confusion, the door handles, for most model years, are the same whether you have Passive Entry or not.
    Last edited by Rsquared; 12-22-2017 at 09:40 AM.

Member #
    Any idea if the passive entry can be added ?
    Replace the door handle with one the has passive entry?

Quote Originally Posted by Rsquared View Post
    As they say... "The US and the UK, two countries separated by a common language." Here in the US "Keyless Entry" is defined as unlocking a vehicle by pressing a button on a key fob. "Passive Entry" is defined in the US, as having to not use the key fob, and just touch the door handle. The Brits define "Keyless Entry" by what we call "Passive Entry". So unless your Evoque is equipped with Passive Entry, which was an upgrade option on most models, you can't lock/unlock the doors by just touching the door handles. To add to the confusion, the door handles, for most model years, are the same whether you have Passive Entry or not.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by moosehead View Post
    Any idea if the passive entry can be added ?
    Replace the door handle with one the has passive entry?
    I don't know what MY Evoque you have. I do know that up through MY13 the door handles are the same with or without passive entry. The electronic door lock module is different for passive entry. You can have a look at the parts list at the link below, to see that they list a lock actuator with passive entry, and one without passive entry. Don't know if other electronic components would have to be changed out as well.

https://www.landrovermerriamparts.com/parts/2013/Land%20Rover/Range%20Rover%20Evoque/Pure/?siteid=215719&vehicleid=392827&section=ELECTRICAL &group=BODY%20ELECTRICA

Member #
    They sell both passive and non passive.
    Im sure it would take a reprogramming from the dealer. Wonder if they would do it?
    I already talked to my dealer about activating daylight running lights and they said there is no way to do it and I know that other owners have had it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rsquared View Post
    I don't know what MY Evoque you have. I do know that up through MY13 the door handles are the same with or without passive entry. The electronic door lock module is different for passive entry. You can have a look at the parts list at the link below, to see that they list a lock actuator with passive entry, and one without passive entry. Don't know if other electronic components would have to be changed out as well.

https://www.landrovermerriamparts.com/parts/2013/Land%20Rover/Range%20Rover%20Evoque/Pure/?siteid=215719&vehicleid=392827&section=ELECTRICAL &group=BODY%20ELECTRICA

Ads