2013 RR Evoque Pure Plus - warranty or no??!

This is a discussion on 2013 RR Evoque Pure Plus - warranty or no??! within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hello all! I'm new to the forum and new to the RR world. That said, I recent had a 2011 jaguar xf. Loved that car, ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 2013 RR Evoque Pure Plus - warranty or no??!

Member #

Hello all! I'm new to the forum and new to the RR world. That said, I recent had a 2011 jaguar xf. Loved that car, but it had its electrical gremlins as these JLR vehicles often do.

So, I just bought a 2013 rr Evoque with 37,000 miles. The truck seems to be in amazing condition. It is out of factory warranty. I bought from a non LR dealer. My question is should I spring for an aftermarket extended warranty?

I am hesitant because I see all these horror stories online of all these warranty companies that are quick to take your cash upfront, but then getting them to pay a claim is nearly impossible. They always find a reason why it isn't covered, etc. So many bad reviews. Warranty Pricing ranging from 1700-7000 USD. That said, a little about me and my driving.

I easily get bored and end up trading in my cars, etc. after 2-3 years. I'm sure I'll upgrade this in that time frame as well. I put about 10k miles on a car a year. I'm very good about oil changes etc.

Do I spring for an "extended warranty" and risk the companies finding a reason to not pay out a claim or do I save that money for when and if something large happens in the next couple of years??

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    WiscoRover, Welcome to the forum!

Everyone has to do what they think is best for their situation. If it were me, I would save the cost of the warranty in a savings account, and if needed, use that to help pay any repair costs. If you don't have any issues, you still have the money for repairs on your next purchase.

We have a MY13 Evoque Coupe, and haven't had any issues. Having said that, it is a garage queen/grocery getter with only 9,800 miles after 46 months. So maybe not a good benchmark for repair issues.

Member #
    Thanks, I'm leaning towards that idea as well. It's a gamble, but from what I can see, so are these after market extended warranty companies...

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Well, I ended up going and getting a warranty. 99/month until $2650 is paid, cancel whenever, 4 yr/ 48000 additional miles. They refund whatever portion you don't use over the 4 year/48000 additional amortized.
    Went with a company called "Autopom" out of California. They sell a Platinum Plus full exclusion warranty thru CARGUARD. Seems to be legit and a decent price IMO.

Member #
    I have a 2013 Dynamic which had been perfect until I got a rear dif error and warning car was two-wheel drive only. Turned out to be a rear suspension lubrication pump that was a $2000 fix. I had bought extended warranty when car was new so cost to me was $200. Can't remember pump name, but a little research showed it was the same pump used on some Fords. Big difference was Ford has a filter and fluid service interval, Land Rover claims it's sealed for life. In other words, until it breaks.
    Last edited by scrannel; 01-21-2018 at 09:23 AM.
    WiscoRover likes this.

Member #
    my 2013 has 83,000 km on it, bought it new and it has been a piece of crap, they never offered me extended warranty when I bought it, , the on demand coupling pump went on mine too, it was under warranty then , but, 3000k out of warranty, the coupling failed, that was over $5000.00, had a grinding noise after the second year, turned out to be a transfer case, ( they kept telling me it was my tires until I put new ones on and the noise was the same) that was replaced under warranty, then it was the dynamic suspension that failed, after paying nearly $600.00 for a height sensor, I left the dealer drove half mile and returned it, another $1000.00 it got a new strut, oh, and it needs a new turbo for another $4000.00.

get the warranty, you will need it!!!!!! piece of crap.

Member #
    do let us know how the autopom warranty is, i bought it for my M5 and do not have high hopes. Is it backed by carguard?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 335i View Post
    do let us know how the autopom warranty is, i bought it for my M5 and do not have high hopes. Is it backed by carguard?
    Yes and also had to file a claim. Hvac blower went out. Pending to see if they’ll fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscoRover View Post
    Yes and also had to file a claim. Hvac blower went out. Pending to see if they’ll fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    keep us updated for sure would like to see what they do

Member #
    look on the bright side. We are still well below average, but we are not at the bottom anymore!

2017 Vehicle Dependability Study | J.D. Power

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads