Bizarre Steering wheel volume / but only when heated steering wheel on

This is a discussion on Bizarre Steering wheel volume / but only when heated steering wheel on within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; So bizzare.. 2013 RR my steering come was working just fine. Just took her out and when I put the heated steering wheel on the ...

Member #

So bizzare.. 2013 RR my steering come was working just fine. Just took her out and when I put the heated steering wheel on the volume buttons don't work. When I turn the heated steering wheel off the volume buttons do work.. WTH?!

How are they even connected? Are they? So bizzare...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Do the volume buttons stop working "immediately" after turning the heated steering wheel on? Or, do they stop working after the wheel heats up? If after the wheel heats up, I would suggest the heat is causing something in the volume button circuit to expand and cause an open condition. If the volume stops working immediately, not sure what that would be.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsquared View Post
    Do the volume buttons stop working "immediately" after turning the heated steering wheel on? Or, do they stop working after the wheel heats up? If after the wheel heats up, I would suggest the heat is causing something in the volume button circuit to expand and cause an open condition. If the volume stops working immediately, not sure what that would be.
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, it's literally immediately as I turn the wheel on, the volume is not working as it should. Once I unclick the wheel, volume works perfectly.

These cars and their weird gremlins. Same with my 2011 jaguar xf. It honestly depends on the day. I'll likely go driving today and all will be well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    So within 1 year of buying my 2012 Evoque I noticed that the left side steering wheel buttons for the volume and fwd were becoming intermittent. This was in the summer and not associated with the heated steering wheel. The wiring harness in the wheel was replaced after the second trip in for service and it has not occurred since. Ask the dealer if there is a service bulletin or a warranty fix.

Member #
    my 2013 has had the switch replaced twice so far, and now the phone is acting up, the dealer told me it needs another switch , this one 3000 km out of warranty, when I reminded them of the other switches they back pedaled and told me was a software issue and can't be fixed at present moment, what a joke,

Ads