Seat & Belt Adjustments

Seat & Belt Adjustments

This is a discussion on Seat & Belt Adjustments within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Does anyone know if the height on the front portion of the seat is adjustable on the Coupe Pure Premium? Only the back part of ...

Member #

Seat & Belt Adjustments

Does anyone know if the height on the front portion of the seat is adjustable on the Coupe Pure Premium? Only the back part of the horizontal seat height switch on mine can be pushed up or down. The front part of that same switch doesn't move. The dealer says that's correct as only the back portion of the seat's height is adjustable yet the manual shows that both the front and back height adjustement should be available.

Also, the manual shows that the upper portion of the seat belt, at the B-Pillar, should be adjustable with a slider up and down yet my Coupe does not seem to have that slider adjustment.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Haven't tried the belt adjuster- ill have to look. I have the Prestige which allows up and down seat motion, but it is an 8-6 way, I think the other models are only 6 for the driver seat.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Member #
    Even with just a 6-way seat here is what the manual shows:

Name:  Evoque 6-Way Power Seats.jpg
Views: 1480
Size:  103.3 KB

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I spoke with the dealer yesterday and confirmed that the Coupe Pure Premium "6-way" power seats do not have front seat height adjustment under the thighs, only the rear of the seat has the height adjutment. I confirmed this by checking another Coupe Pure Premium in the showroom. BTW - the passenger power seat is only a 4-way, no height adjustments front or rear!

I also confirmed that none of the Coupes have an upper seat belt adjustment at the B-Pillar - only the 5 doors models have this feature.

When I showed the dealer the manual diagram (posted on this thread previously) he said that that was a universal manual for all models so some options listed in there would not be available on every car. I understood his statement but questioned why my seat was listed as a "6-way" since it's really only a 5-way then. He didn't have a good answer only to say that the cars are so "new" his staff hasn't had time to learn all the model differences. Isn't that their sole job?!?!?!? All *bull*.

Anyway, both the height and seat belt adjustnment options being absent from the Coupes (which cost more) is pretty disappointing and somewhat deceptive marketing in my opinion. My last three cars were BMWs and I never came across such confusion with my saleperson there as he always knew answers to my questions, or researched them thoroughly if he didn't before answering.

Member #
    When I was car shopping I definitely wanted the 8-way seat and had driven a Prestige that had it. When I tried a Dynamic coupe for a little better entry and exit with the bigger door I was dissappointed that a fully loaded coupe only had a 6-way drivers seat. The entry/exit issue trumped the seat option but I know the 8-way seat did a better job when it came to comfort.

Member #
    I totally agree with your desicion to go with the Coupe's longer doors. My decision was based more on styling.

I'm 6'2" and have the seat height down all the way to the floor most of the time anyway, but I do find the seats comfortable regardless. But the fact that a $50K+ car/SUV with the premuim option doesn't come standard with fully adjustable seats & belts confuses me. I would agrue that driver position/comfort are probably the first and foremost important aspects to safety even over such features as blind spot monitoring.

Ads