Are you keeping your evoque after warranty ends?

This is a discussion on Are you keeping your evoque after warranty ends? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hello friends Its been a few years with the evoque the warranty is almost over. The only real issue I had was the rattling which ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Hello friends

Its been a few years with the evoque the warranty is almost over. The only real issue I had was the rattling which was never fixed so my fix was keep the volume up on my music and my transfer case died. Couple times the evoque became RWD once in a heavy snow storm. Finally 2 month ago dealer replaced the transfer case.

I also heard the turbo is not so good on these cars (goes often) and smell a oil smell from the car when parked in the garage.

I think it might be better to trade it in for the new velar or maybe the f pace.

What are yall doing/did?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 335i View Post
    I think it might be better to trade it in for the new velar or maybe the f pace.
    Velar and F-pace are quite a bit bigger: 14 to 17 inches longer. E-pace is basically a rebodied Evoque, just a couple inches longer. You might find a Lincoln MKC to be comfortably in between.

Member #
    Our warranty has been up for a while now. We haven't had a single issue with her since we purchased almost a year ago. Snow, sleet, rain, and flooding, and she is doing great. Looking to purchase a second one or a discovery sport. Shall see when i get back in town from work

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I do plan to keep mine after the warranty. But considering how much there is to go wrong and how much it costs to repair, I am considering an extended warranty for the first time in my life.

Member #
    Reports seem polarized. Some people have had no problems, some have consistent.
    Perhaps if you've had good luck, hold onto it.

My 2017 has had consistent electrical problems, will absolutely sell before warranty expires (but I do have a 7 year warranty).

Member #
    What aftermarket warranty did you buy?

Member #
    Me? I don't have an aftermarket warranty. The manufacturer extended warranty was part of the purchase negotiation. It's 7 year, 100,000 mile total.

Member #
    Bought a 2012 last November - zero issues, zero worries....it had all required maintenance performed and all TSB's addressed by previous owner....
    2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Premium / Firenze Red
    2009 Jaguar XK Convertible Diamond Edition / Pearlescent White

Member #
    FYI I purchased an extended warranty for my VW CC. Paid for itself for sure. I think it was nearly $900. CNA National Warranty Company. Recommended by the dealer but I'd do a bit of Googling. VW's ended at 36K so easier decision.

Member #
    I sold mine 6 months ago. No way I would own one out of warranty. But then I wouldn't own a VW out of warranty either, or a Ford for that matter. Not that I had problems with mine (MY15), other than stalling a couple of times, hick-ups at idle, a few rattles and the underseat sub never worked until I added my my amp to it.

Unfortunately I probably won't own another JLR again. The F Pace was a disappointment for me and ongoing reliability issues STILL with JLR products. My brother just bought a Disco Sport 8 months ago and it's already let him down twice with phantom problems (going into limp mode scooting along the highway and the dealer later said there were no faults registered??? and a coolant leak somewhere on the engine block - yet to be fixed).

Such a shame though. I have always been a staunch defender (I've owned two of those) of JLR products, but I just don't have the confidence in them. I wouldn't venture out much past the city in any of them to be honest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads