Windshield

Windshield

This is a discussion on Windshield within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; A rock hit my windshield and I have a large star and crack in it. How much is it to replace? I assume if I ...

Thread: Windshield

Member #

Windshield

A rock hit my windshield and I have a large star and crack in it. How much is it to replace? I assume if I go through insurance it would be my $500 deductible? Thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    google windshield replacement <your state>

Some states (like mine) require insurance companies to replace windshields with no deductible. Some others have other special provisions.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    A broken windshield should be covered under your comprehensive insurance. If you have a $500 deductible, then yes you would have to pay that. Below is a link to a Land Rover dealer parts diagram for the windshield. Be prepared, they aren't cheap, so here's hoping your comprehensive will cover it. I don't know if anyone is making off brand windshields for the Evoque or not. Evoques are fairly rare here in the US, so I wouldn't think it would be profitable for the after market to make them.

https://www.landrovermerriamparts.co...iagram=7125290

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Unfortunately my state make you pay your deductible.. I got a ridiculous quote of like $1300 from the dealer.. Guess I'll be contacting my insurance company. Hope they will be able to do a competent job with the heated windshield, rain sensor and such .. I guess it should be my $500 deductible

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsquared View Post
    A broken windshield should be covered under your comprehensive insurance. If you have a $500 deductible, then yes you would have to pay that. Below is a link to a Land Rover dealer parts diagram for the windshield. Be prepared, they aren't cheap, so here's hoping your comprehensive will cover it. I don't know if anyone is making off brand windshields for the Evoque or not. Evoques are fairly rare here in the US, so I wouldn't think it would be profitable for the after market to make them.

https://www.landrovermerriamparts.co...iagram=7125290
    Looks like it would be $725 for my coupe ?. And that's without their labor costs from the dealer. I will see what the insurance company says

Member #
    I had a crack across my windshield this winter. I wanted it replaced as soon as possible. Tried to set up an appointment at the dealer only to find out I had to order the windshield ($1,300) and then once it came in I had to schedule an appointment to get another outside party to come in and install it at the dealership. I then tried Safelite Auto Glass. Long story short, the next day I had a new windshield done at my work for $675. No insurance, no deductible. The windshield is just about the exact same (solar glass, heated, rain sensing, etc). Can't really tell a difference other than the shape of the cutout for the toll sensor up by the rearview. Install was fantastic. No nicks, cuts, dents, dings, etc. I figure it was worth the savings to avoid the dealer and insurance.

Just my story. Others may have better but thought I'd share what I did. I am in Missouri by the way in case that helps.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rvermill View Post
    I had a crack across my windshield this winter. I wanted it replaced as soon as possible. Tried to set up an appointment at the dealer only to find out I had to order the windshield ($1,300) and then once it came in I had to schedule an appointment to get another outside party to come in and install it at the dealership. I then tried Safelite Auto Glass. Long story short, the next day I had a new windshield done at my work for $675. No insurance, no deductible. The windshield is just about the exact same (solar glass, heated, rain sensing, etc). Can't really tell a difference other than the shape of the cutout for the toll sensor up by the rearview. Install was fantastic. No nicks, cuts, dents, dings, etc. I figure it was worth the savings to avoid the dealer and insurance.

Just my story. Others may have better but thought I'd share what I did. I am in Missouri by the way in case that helps.
    Thanks I wonder how using safe lite would be. Do you have a coupe or 4 door? I have a 2013 coupe and pricing seems different for a coupe?? My deductible is only $500 and I never make claims thank good on my insurance so it seems going through insurance would save me a few dollars

Ads