3 Things I saw on eBay this Week...

This is a discussion on 3 Things I saw on eBay this Week... within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Since I started looking at buying an Evoque around the end of April, I've used eBay to get good looks at the various cars and ...

Member #

Since I started looking at buying an Evoque around the end of April, I've used eBay to get good looks at the various cars and options. Some of the seller's pictures are significanly more in-depth than what you can find on the manufacturers web site or on a dealership's site although a few are pretty good.

(1) First I saw a now-deleted typcial scam where they embed a graphic with a ridiculously low "buy it now" price of about $34k for an almost brand new vehicle and please "email before bidding" or we will cancel your bid.

(2) Then (and right now) there's the first wrecked-out Evoque on there that I've seen and it just breaks your heart. It looks like it must have rolled and doesn't have much glass left in it. If it did roll AND it didn't crush the roof AND it still runs then I feel better about having my car from a safety perspective! I hope the owner is okay. Only 7k miles. The second picture looks like those scenes in movies where people are up and about with their facial flesh missing all the way to their jaw bone and teeth.... it has a zombie Evoque look to it for sure.

Land Rover : Evoque Pure Premium 5-Door Land Rover : Evoque Pure Premium 5-Door | eBay

(3) Is there something y'all aren't telling me? "*No Longer Factory Orderable; These cars are now a collectors item! Only a handful left available, Call Today!" Where will I get parts? Oh my!

Land Rover : Evoque Pure Land Rover : Evoque Pure | eBay
    Last edited by cousin.it; 06-22-2012 at 04:39 PM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    That wrecked one looks pretty bad. If every one in it had seat belts on they should be ok.

#3 seems strange. I do not think some of those options are available on a pure. Also since when is the 2.0 supercharged?

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #
    1. As far as the scam goes I think if someone figures they can buy a new Evoque for 34k then they aren't the brightest bulbs at the hardware store and I don't find myself feeling too sorry for them.

2. Ebay is blocked at work but I assume you mean the white one. I saw a pictures of it on an auto auction site, There are also tons of pics of it here: Salvage 2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque | Worldwide Auto It's a pity the roof is bent otherwise I might have been tempted to pick it up as a fixer upper.

3. They mean that supposedly all the 2012's are sold out. I think that only applies to custom orders as there are quite a few sitting on dealer lots. I'm not sure how accurate this is but my local dealer told me 3 months wait on a custom order.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    2. yes is was the wrecked white one. What a mess, looks like the people in the cabin would have been fine, if they wore seat belts. That is good to know.

3. Yea, but they are listing stuff that was never available on the car. It never has had a supercharger. A few of the other things listed were not available on a pure, which they are saying theirs has. Sounds like a sales clown who does not know his product.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #

fishy smell

#3 has more of a fishy smell to it I think. For a moment there I thought someone just took pictures of it and was faking a sales scam, but the ebay Vehicle History Report tab shows the vehicle was titled a few weeks ago as a lease vehicle in FL and a VIN yahoo search shows the car was sold in MA. Maybe it's all okay, but maybe someone is having second thoughts about leasing that vehicle or something.

Seller's feedback is not good at all. Smells like something's washed up on the beach with this one...

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cousin.it View Post
    #3 has more of a fishy smell to it I think.

Seller's feedback is not good at all. Smells like something's washed up on the beach with this one...
    Yep, that is what I was getting at. Supercharged? We know it is not. To many things wrong in the add.

Ads