This is a discussion on Evoque Brake Upgrade - BBK Brembo, Stoptech, Wilwood? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Originally Posted by CG1 This might actually happen. Status: In Progress Result: Mounted 350mm rear end with 4-pot caliper and separate e-brake unit....
I thought I'd get some images logged before the kit gets put on the rig. I spent more time than even I'd anticipated on this, but the kit is so legit. To my knowledge, it's the only one Earth that upgrades all 4 corners, and furnishes an upgraded e-brake unit for the Evoque.
- Brake torque up ~35% (with only 12% more piston area)
- Bias within ~5% of OE
- Unsprung weight up ~7#/corner in trade for tons more heat capacity and stopping power
- 4-pot front and rear calipers with Brembo electric parking brake (with factory harness for plug-n-play operability)
- 14" high carbon dimpled rotors with electro-coated finish
- EBC Redstuff ceramic pads
- Stainless DOT lines and fittings
- Stainless pins and bleeders
- Chromoly adapters with 10.9 fasteners
- Fits inside OE 19" wheels (I also drew up a no-compromise kit that requires 21-22" wheels - and yes it pained me to choose conservatively for this kit)
- Finished with 2-stage urethane in Loire Blue Pearl
At this point it may be spring before the final install. (These Ohio winters have a way of demanding patience)
Last edited by CG1; 11-21-2018 at 02:40 PM.
Incidentally, this set is up for grabs should custom pimpness be your thing. All the same attributes as listed for the blue set above. Stainless bleeders/polished fasteners etc. The metal flake has good flop, as does the brushed RANGE ROVER text. Sometimes it hides, and other times it pops. Kinda trick and classy at the same time, albeit by sacrificing audacity.
Last edited by CG1; 12-26-2018 at 07:07 PM.
Pretty impressive! Looks like it took a lot of work, and skill.
Little bit. And I'm dying to get it on all on the road and see how it works out behind some new kicks. Seems like all the competitive makes have at least one tier with some nice Brembo units as an option, while we're left to stare at 11" rotors through 20" wheels. This needed addressed! But the payout will have to wait for the weather. (I see you're in Canal Fulton - I'm 30 mins north of you).
When you get it on the road, let us know how it works out. Will be a while before the weather in Northeast Ohio breaks, and you can get the installation done