Reliability / Lifetime of the MagnaRide adaptive suspension?

This is a discussion on Reliability / Lifetime of the MagnaRide adaptive suspension? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Reliability / Lifetime of the MagnaRide adaptive suspension? What's the lifetime of the suspension going to be? especially wading through water, offroading, Will it still ...

Member #

What's the lifetime of the suspension going to be? especially wading through water, offroading, Will it still be in perfect conditions after 10 years or 1000000miles?

Wondering if the magnaride or the conventional suspension of the evoque is stronger?(in terms of toughness, lifetime, etc.)

thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I really can not answer your questions.

I can tell you I am very glad I got the dynamic (magnaride) suspension. I feel it rides better, and has way less body roll in fast corners. This sure handles better than any SUV or crossover that I have ever driven.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #
    I took the Magnaride out for a test drive last night and it is truly amazing. The car went from a casual drive to a hard driven fast car. I have a friend that has a mini with go-kart suspension and it was something like that. I was taking corners at 30mph and it was not even skipping or chirping at all. Plus having the dash board go red feels like my Evoque is ANGRY!

Drive Mean Dynamicly!
    Eric

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnikk View Post
    I took the Magnaride out for a test drive last night and it is truly amazing. The car went from a casual drive to a hard driven fast car.

Eric
    I agree. My wife even really likes it and always puts it in Dynamic when leaving the house. We live 3.3 miles off the main road up a winding mountain road. Its posted at 25 mph due to the curvers and no guard rails. I can run the evoque up or down that road as fast as I can my 80 Vette, about 10 over the limit. Only my motorcycles can I run though their faster.

I feel the dyanmic suspension is well worth the added cost.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #
    Well its a sealed unit so I don't think driving through stuff would affect it. I think it should be pretty stout as its used in many types of cars even the R8. But like anything with more complexity comes more issues that could arise. I haven't heard of any cars having issues with them.

Ads