Servicing 2013 Evoque ?

Servicing 2013 Evoque ?

This is a discussion on Servicing 2013 Evoque ? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hello I got mine evoque about 8 months ago from Dealer it had been serviced and was drivin 50k. Since I got it, in 8 ...

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Member #
    10546
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    15

    Servicing 2013 Evoque ?

    Hello


    I got mine evoque about 8 months ago from Dealer it had been serviced and was drivin 50k. Since I got it, in 8 months I put on another 10k and “service requires” comes on dash not all the time only few times..

    Also I am getting like 12.4 L/100k. Is that regular ?

    I was thinking to take it to mechanic and get it checked out. Since it will be my first time any surprises cost I should be aware of ? Lol

    Thank you for the help

  2. # ADS
    Ads


  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Member #
    10306
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    124
    That is about 19mpg and I get around 21-22 mpg with mixed hwy and city but it reports about 1.5-2 mpg more than that. Is that the reported mileage or what you calculated? If you are a little heavy on the throttle I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see it that low.

    I think the "service required" just comes on every so many miles/km to remind you to take it in for service. There is a method to reset it for the 2011-2013, but it doesn't seem to work on the 2014 and 2015.

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Member #
    10546
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by lemmy999 View Post
    That is about 19mpg and I get around 21-22 mpg with mixed hwy and city but it reports about 1.5-2 mpg more than that. Is that the reported mileage or what you calculated? If you are a little heavy on the throttle I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see it that low.

    I think the "service required" just comes on every so many miles/km to remind you to take it in for service. There is a method to reset it for the 2011-2013, but it doesn't seem to work on the 2014 and 2015.
    I guess it’s standard because of v4 really should have went for v6 it would have been better since I am getting 12.5. I thought it would be cheaper with v4

    That’s reported. I didn’t really calculated.
    After how much do you hands the oil ? I was thinking of getting it admins since i put on over 10k

    Thank you for the replay !

  5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member
    Member #
    10306
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    124
    If I remember correctly they recommend changing the oil every 10,000mi /16,000 km. But I have changed mine about ever 6,000 mi / 10,000 km.

    I really don't understand the desire to go with a turbo 4 cylinder vs a non turbo 6 cylinder. I was looking at the Ford Escape, which has the same engine as the Evoque, and the Acura RDX. The RDX has a V6, has more power and the claimed fuel mileage was about the same and didn't have turbo lag. Also the Ecoboost (turbo engines from Ford) always seem to get fuel mileage much lower than the claimed fuel mileage. More so than other engines I have seen.

    The government page for the Evoque says 21/29 and 24 combined. With combined driving (actually more highway than city) and being very careful with the throttle, I still only get about 21-22 (calculated). If I did all city stop and go I would be lucky to get 19. the Acrua RDX V6 is 20/28 and combined 23.

  7. #5
    Junior Member
    Member #
    11858
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by lemmy999 View Post
    If I remember correctly they recommend changing the oil every 10,000mi /16,000 km. But I have changed mine about ever 6,000 mi / 10,000 km.

    I really don't understand the desire to go with a turbo 4 cylinder vs a non turbo 6 cylinder. I was looking at the Ford Escape, which has the same engine as the Evoque, and the Acura RDX. The RDX has a V6, has more power and the claimed fuel mileage was about the same and didn't have turbo lag. Also the Ecoboost (turbo engines from Ford) always seem to get fuel mileage much lower than the claimed fuel mileage. More so than other engines I have seen.

    The government page for the Evoque says 21/29 and 24 combined. With combined driving (actually more highway than city) and being very careful with the throttle, I still only get about 21-22 (calculated). If I did all city stop and go I would be lucky to get 19. the Acrua RDX V6 is 20/28 and combined 23.
    You’re changing your oil way to frequently. Technology is such now that we don’t have to change oil every 6000 miles. That was rule of thumb for 1980-1990s vehicles. Not good for a new evoque. Even BMW M cars recommend against this. It was cool for your Acura or Toyota 20+ years ago. Keep that in mind.

  8. #6
    Senior Member
    Member #
    10306
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by endless View Post
    You’re changing your oil way to frequently. Technology is such now that we don’t have to change oil every 6000 miles. That was rule of thumb for 1980-1990s vehicles. Not good for a new evoque. Even BMW M cars recommend against this. It was cool for your Acura or Toyota 20+ years ago. Keep that in mind.

    Are you saying they actually "recommend against it" or that they recommend a longer change interval? I think the rule of thumb back in the 80s and earlier was more like 3,000 miles.

    I have frequent starts and low mileage driving per trip and I have read the recommendation is 2x per year regardless of mileage and 6,000 miles is a little over 7 months for me. Also a fellow engineer (he was mechanical, I am electrical) that worked at a company that had a large fleet of trucks did lots of testing of various types of oils by pulling a sample every 500 miles on their many trucks. This was in the late 90s and early 00s and he was finding that he was seeing protection start to drop around 4500-5000 miles and this was with synthetic oil and back when they were starting to recommend much longer change intervals for synthetic. He was sending the oil off for chemical analysis but also was conducting the four ball test himself.

  9. #7
    Senior Member
    Member #
    10306
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    124
    Something else that I find odd is that LR recommends changing the oil in the engine every 10,000 mi, but Ford (the company that actually designed and built the engine) has the "Intelligent Oil-Life Monitor" that tells you when to change the oil based on how you drive. But if you stick to your own schedule they recommend 7,500 miles.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. What would you like to see on the 2013 Evoque?
    By dascrow in forum Evoque Forum
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 05-01-2014, 02:48 PM
  2. My New 2013 Evoque Two Weeks Old
    By jeffsand in forum Evoque Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-17-2013, 12:11 PM
  3. MY 2013 Evoque
    By magnumforc in forum Evoque Media
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-23-2013, 09:27 PM
  4. What is the starting price of a 2013 range rover evoque 2013?
    By alyssabenjamin in forum Evoque Purchasing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-07-2013, 12:53 AM
  5. Evoque sold out until 2013
    By dascrow in forum Evoque News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-21-2012, 09:27 PM
Find us on Google+
 

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.