Engine cooling fan

Engine cooling fan

This is a discussion on Engine cooling fan within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; i have a range rover evoque model 2013. recently , when i start the engine , the small right hand fan run at very high ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rsquared

Thread: Engine cooling fan

Member #

Engine cooling fan

i have a range rover evoque model 2013. recently , when i start the engine , the small right hand fan run at very high speed. it takes a long time for the left hand fan to run and the small hand fan speed down. please help me let me know what the problem with my car. many thanks!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Welcome to the forum! It appears that you are in Vietnam, is that correct? So I don't know if you have a diesel or petrol engine. I can post some information from the factory service manual, but I need to know which engine you have.

Member #
    Thanks for your help! Yes, i’m from Vietnam and my Evoque is a petrol engine.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Here is what I found in the service manual. It details the Method of Operation for the fans. Was all I could find. Looking at a few Land Rover parts catalogs online, it appears that the shroud, fans, and control module are only sold as a "complete" unit, and you can't buy the fans and control module as separate units. I don't think that is a very owner friendly way of doing business, but that's how it is.

Hope this helps, at least you know the method of operation.

From the manual:
    "The cooling fans are operated by a fan control module which is located at the rear of the LH (left-hand) cooling fan motor. The fan control module regulates the voltage, and subsequently the speed, of the cooling fan motors in response to a PWM (pulse width modulation) signal from the ECM (engine control module). The ECM calculates the required fan speeds from the engine temperature, A/C system pressure and transmission fluid temperature. Under hot operating conditions, the fans may continue to operate for up to four minutes after the engine has been switched off.
    The speed of the cooling fans is also influenced by vehicle road speed. The ECM adjusts the speed of the cooling fans, to compensate for the ram effect of vehicle speed, using the CAN (controller area network) road speed signal received from the ABS (anti-lock brake system) module."

"
    The cooling fans are located behind the radiator in a shroud which is attached to the radiator with 4 plastic clips.

Two cooling fans are used for both engine radiator and A/C condenser cooling. The fans are mounted in the fan shroud and each retained with 3 screws.
    The cooling fan control module is also mounted on the shroud, behind the LH fan motor. The shroud incorporates 4 speed flaps, which pivot open to allow engine compartment cooling at speed.
    The shroud, fans and module are supplied as one assembly and individual parts are not serviceable."

lucavietto likes this.

Member #
    it's great! thank you so much!

Ads