High fuel consumption

High fuel consumption

This is a discussion on High fuel consumption within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hello!I just bought an Evoque with only 2000 miles.The consumption of fuel is very high. In city and driving moderately consumes 10 MPG. In HWY ...

Member #

High fuel consumption

Hello!I just bought an Evoque with only 2000 miles.The consumption of fuel is very high. In city and driving moderately consumes 10 MPG. In HWY 17 MPG. On average driving in city the full tank only gives approximately 180 miles.I think the expense of fuel is very exaggerated. Can you advise me something before taking it to mechanical service? What is the fuel consumption of your Evoque ??Thanks and greetings to all!!!
    2.0L I-4 Cyl 240 HP9-SPEED AUTOMATIC 4X4.
    2017 year
    Last edited by evoquero; 04-17-2018 at 03:48 PM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    2.0L I-4 Cyl 240 HP9-SPEED AUTOMATIC4X4.

Member #
    hi,did you find some solution to the problem? have same problem with evoque 2018

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Land Rover said, the high fuel consumption in Evoque is normal. This car needs fuel for its high performance engine and turbo and for operating in a permanent 4x4. I have had 4x4 cars in the past with high displacement engines. I still think that despite everything explained by them, the Evoque needs to regulate the combination of CO2 / fuel or replace some oxygen sensor and adapt it to the warm and humid climate of Florida, USA

jkw
    Member #
    I'm averaging 24-27 MPG with my 2015. I had a bad O2 sensor and after it was replaced the MPG went down. Should have left it alone...

Member #
    i found the evoques have a recall did you guys thing can be the problem?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    [QUOTE=EXCESS GAS Consumption.[/QUOTE]
    2012 Pure: I was experiencing such a condition and brought mine to the Dealer for analysis. They discovered a cracked exhaust manifold. Exhaust leak caused a lean mixture that the car's computer sensed and tried to compensate with adding more fuel. Hense BAD Gas mileage at around 15-17MPG. Outrageous on a 4-banger . . . . unless you're constantly putting the "pedal to the metal". it was covered under my extended warranty. They replaced it and now I get 22+MPG.
    3F

Member #
    My 2015 gets around 22.5 reported but in reality it is close to about 21 mpg. That is about a 50/50 highway/city driving. On pure highway it will get about 26mpg. I wouldn't think any of them should get 10-15 mpg unless there is something wrong.

Ads