Thinking of getting an Evoque

This is a discussion on Thinking of getting an Evoque within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I drive by the Land Rover dealer every day and have noticed how striking the Evoque looks. My wife and I have been looking at ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

I drive by the Land Rover dealer every day and have noticed how striking the Evoque looks. My wife and I have been looking at SUVs to replace our Mini Clubman and looked at Cayennes (we have a 911), Jeeps, Cadillac SRX, Infiniti EX, and Mercedes. Yesterday, I said that we should look at the Evoque. We were hesitant because everyone we know with a Land Rover has had problems. We spent an hour at the dealer and looking at every aspect of the car. The quality and fit and finish look great, especially compared to the Grand Cherokee and the Cadillac SRX. They didn't have a red one, which we want, and the dealer said they'd make us a great deal on the white Prestige that they have. I have noticed that most Land Rovers in Sarasota are white or black. We want our car to stand a bit.

I really don't want to spend the money on a Cayenne. Besides, Porsche service is really painful when the 911 goes in for routine stuff. The Infiniti looks to be great quality, but to me, it's boring. The Evoque is really a stunning design.

I have read through posts on this forum and read reviews of the Evoque. I guess what I'd like is input from owners. What's great about owning an Evoque and what's bad about owning one?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I too was skeptical (See my screen name!) when I thought about the purchase at first.

I think this and other evoque forums are the best place to do research, but keep in mind, people like to complain. There aren't a lot of people who gloat about the good things over and over. Overall, I am very pleased with the vehicle. It is my primary car and I drive about 25K miles per year. It is the quietest vehicle I have ever had, the most luxurious, and the most attractive. I never ever thought I would own a LR product. I do wish the sunroof opened. I like the GPS, but it is clumsy at times, and not as intuitive as say an Apple product. I have had very minor issues with it so far (all very fixable and expected with a new line), after 5400 miles and 2 months. I do hesitate parking in questionable areas, but you would with any of the vehicles you mentioned. Of the ones you have considered, the Evoque is the most exciting. I considered the XC60 and the Q5, and neither was nearly as fun. Unless you are one of the few that has had turbo problems or similar engine trouble, I think you will be very happy if you get one.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Member #
    I am very happy with mine so far. It is well made, fit and finish is very good, it looks and feels like quality. So far only one issue, the rear hatch would not power close, they recalibrated the sensor and its been working fine. I like the way it rides and drives.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    So far I havent had any issue with my Evoque. It is 10x more fun to drive than my mom's Caddy SRX. A little disappointed with the MPG because I only get about 18MPG on the highway and about 12-13 mpg on local driving hopefully after a few thousand miles more that the MPG will improve. My Turbo Infiniti G35 consume about 11-13 mpg when boosting and about 18 MPH on the highway with barely hitting any boost but I wish the Evoque was better.
    RRE Dynamic, Firenze Red w/ Black contrast roof, Ebony/Pimento, Climate Control, Satellite Radio, w/ Roof Rail/Cross Bar.
    Turbo Infiniti G35 with lots of extra....

Member #
    That mpg sounds about 5-10 lower than I'm getting. Mine was better than that from the start. I remember a couple guys complaining of low mpg, and there was a problem with the engine. Are those #s consistent?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Member #
    /\ mine is pretty consistent and that is with conservative driving. I think the other one complaining is also a NY driver. Maybe our gas has more ethanol mix? how's the mixture of your gas in MN?
    RRE Dynamic, Firenze Red w/ Black contrast roof, Ebony/Pimento, Climate Control, Satellite Radio, w/ Roof Rail/Cross Bar.

Member #
    Youre right. Brazeagle is from NY. I had that thought too, but more as an unfortunate coincidence! I have no idea what the difference is in mn vs ny.

Member #
    Come to think of it, I live in an area with lots of hills. Just my street alone is on a 30 deg. Incline. This could be why my local MPG is very low.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboAddict View Post
    So far I havent had any issue with my Evoque. It is 10x more fun to drive than my mom's Caddy SRX. A little disappointed with the MPG because I only get about 18MPG on the highway and about 12-13 mpg on local driving hopefully after a few thousand miles more that the MPG will improve. My Turbo Infiniti G35 consume about 11-13 mpg when boosting and about 18 MPH on the highway with barely hitting any boost but I wish the Evoque was better.
    I'm in San Francisco and burning through gas like crazy! Way worse on commute then my modded V6 coupe which I'm sure is close in curb weight.

Don't understand what's making the economy so bad because I'm not even driving aggressive in the city but it's really surprising.

Member #
    /\ what is your local MPG? I think when I went to CT I did average about 24mpg on the highway but once I got back in NY my MPG tanked again. I think my area just have to much hills... Sometimes I think I live in SF with all the hills I have to take.. lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads