Questions for current owners and prospective Owners

This is a discussion on Questions for current owners and prospective Owners within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I test drove the Evoque this past weekend and really liked it. I have also spent a few hours watching the youtube videos that have ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Questions for current owners and prospective Owners

Member #

I test drove the Evoque this past weekend and really liked it. I have also spent a few hours watching the youtube videos that have been posted with reviews. I am challenged by a few things.

I would like to know what cars people are trading in to get the Evoque. Are you upgrading or downgrading. If you own a large SUV do you consider the change to the evoque downsizing?

I currently have an 05, X5. Its a good size for me and my wife. I hear that the equivalent large size SUV would be the RRS. I just dont know if that is accurate. My x5 has rear cargo space of 16.1 Cu ft whereas the evoque has 19. Obviously Technology has jumped 10 fold since the 05 X5. Mileage is 16.9 MPG. Therefore I would say the 05 X5 is a good match to the evoque.

Actually, I think the evoque blows my X5 out of the water. Am I downsizing by going to what is said to be the X3 equivalent? I sure wouldnt buy an X3. What do you all think?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    My only problem with the Evoque is the small cargo space. So the X5 has a smaller cargo space than the Evoque? I highly doubt it.. RR has far better interior IMO than BMW. I think the Evoque is more comparable with the X3 in side.
    RRE Dynamic, Firenze Red w/ Black contrast roof, Ebony/Pimento, Climate Control, Satellite Radio, w/ Roof Rail/Cross Bar.
    Turbo Infiniti G35 with lots of extra....

Member #
    I went from a Toyota FJ Cruiser to the Evoque. It is a down size, both in cargo size and seating room. The FJ got 18 mpg, in town or on the hwy.
    It is much more up scale than the FJ.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    i traded my '07 Mercedes ML for an Evoque due to be delivered nextweek. i got tired of driving a large suv in tight city roads

Member #
    I guess I made a lateral move. I traded an Acura TL in for the Evoque. Similar space inside, but the Evoque is more suited to my needs. The TL foes not have a back seat that folds down.With regards to comparison. I always liked the X5. The X3 is more on par with the Evoque for size, but it looks so...."wimpy"? "girlie"? I don't know, I just don't like it. Personal taste. I think the evoques interior is so well laid out, it really feels bigger than it looks. I do think the back seat is tight for legroom, but I so rarely have anyone back there.The other similarly sized vehicles I looked at were the Audi q5 and the Volvo xc60. All pretty cool, but the Evoque stood way out from the pack. My wife tipped me even further in favor of the Evoque. In the end I really can't believe I came somewhat close to considering the others.

I should say that even going from a sedan to an SUV, I have a WAY easier time maneuvering the Evoque compared to the TL. Better turning radius, and easier to park by far, despite being 10" wider!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    Last edited by Evocurious; 07-02-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Member #
    I test drove a Mercedes GLK350 and Audi Q5 and my buddy's BMW X6. To me the X6 was the only thing comparable. I absolutely hated the boxy, slow GLK and the Audi Q5 was once cutting edge design but now seems dated. A loaded BMW X6 is almost $20,000 more than a loaded Evoque Dynamic. So, no contest based on value for the money.

I owned an Acura TL and an Audi A4 both are gone now. Wife drives a Nissan Murano (no contest). My driveway still contains a significantly modified VW Passat 3.6L VR6 Station Wagon (tint, super entertainment system with 3 video screens, 18" rims, Thule Racks, bigger brakes, carbon & aluminum interior bits, etc.) The VW is faster than the Evoque but there is no contest in terms of elegance and refinement.

Member #
    I went from a 2-door Acura CL to the Evoque. Way easier to maneuver in San Francisco and actually the car is shorter and tighter turning radius!! I'm definitely happy with my switch over to the Evoque.

Member #
    This is my first SUV/Crossover. I have always like small sporty looking car so I need an SUV that will stand out. I have always modified my car and my last project is the Infiniti G35. We are expecting a baby this winter so I had to get a car that will keep my wife and child safe and a Turbo Coupe is not going to cut it. I'm lucky to have a wife that also like cars so a mini-van will never be an option in the family.. lol

I love my Evoque and I've been driving it for the past 2 weeks. It's been over a couple of weeks since I have driven my G35 and I finally let it out yesterday. I just miss the sound of the Blow-Off valve and the rush that I get when I hit boost... I still love my Evoque though and I'msatisfied 90% of the time!! There is just 10% of the time that need the rush that only my G35 can provide.. But the Evoque is just so much easier to drive..

Here's a pix of my baby.. Modified it the day I got the car in 2005 and still not done yet..

Name:  windhamloopG.jpg
Views: 1032
Size:  81.0 KBName:  parknight.jpg
Views: 1109
Size:  33.7 KB
    Last edited by TurboAddict; 07-03-2012 at 08:07 AM.
    RRE Dynamic, Firenze Red w/ Black contrast roof, Ebony/Pimento, Climate Control, Satellite Radio, w/ Roof Rail/Cross Bar.
    Turbo Infiniti G35 with lots of extra....

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboAddict View Post
    This is my first SUV/Crossover. I have always like small sporty looking car so I need an SUV that will stand out. I have always modified my car and my last project is the Infiniti G35. We are expecting a baby this winter so I had to get a car that will keep my wife and child safe and a Turbo Coupe is not going to cut it. I'm lucky to have a wife that also like cars so a mini-van will never be an option in the family.. lol

I love my Evoque and I've been driving it for the past 2 weeks. It's been over a couple of weeks since I have driven my G35 and I finally let it out yesterday. I just miss the sound of the Blow-Off valve and the rush that I get when I hit boost... I still love my Evoque though and I'msatisfied 90% of the time!! There is just 10% of the time that need the rush that only my G35 can provide.. But the Evoque is just so much easier to drive..

Here's a pix of my baby.. Modified it the day I got the car in 2005 and still not done yet..

Name:  windhamloopG.jpg
Views: 1032
Size:  81.0 KBName:  parknight.jpg
Views: 1109
Size:  33.7 KB
    Nice! Yeah always modded my cars but I'm trying to be a little more grown up with my rides although I'm itching for an aftermarket for the Evoque!!!

Still have my CL for the "rush" of a lowered, modified car.

Member #
    Sorry to take it off topic...get an Evoque but I think the cargo space could be a factor if that's really important to you.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads