2013 Evoque P2407 error code

This is a discussion on 2013 Evoque P2407 error code within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I have checked to see if the gas cap has been tightened. I have not yet tried to clear the code (3 of them...all the ...

Member #

I have checked to see if the gas cap has been tightened. I have not yet tried to clear the code (3 of them...all the same).

Looking for some direction as to what else to check and where it might be located.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Might just need a new gas cap

Member #
    Cleared code and it was good for two weeks and then its back. My OBDII reader has a EVAP % reading on it. Its starts out as o% then climbs to 98.8% where it stabilizes. If I take the cap off when the car is running it drops down to 9%. I put the cap back on and it goes back up to 98.8%. If I apply the gas the reading drops and then recovers although not often back up to the 98.8% (it always stays above 90% at idle).

I checked the cap. It "appears" fine. From my reading of the EVAP system there is the pump, the canister and the sensor (in essence) in the system. I guess it could also be a loose wire or a bad hose. I have not yet had the chance to look at the system (not even sure where it is).

My question....anyone with any experience with this intermittent failure that could point me toward the most likely culprit? The RR dealer is a entire day off for me so if there is something I can focus on it would help.

Ads