Evoque Dynamic Service Cost?

Evoque Dynamic Service Cost?

This is a discussion on Evoque Dynamic Service Cost? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hello Everyone, This is my first post here in "Evoqueforums". I'm from Richmond, B.C (Canada) and I own a 2015 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic. I ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Evoque Dynamic Service Cost?

Member #

Exclamation Evoque Dynamic Service Cost?

Hello Everyone,
    This is my first post here in "Evoqueforums". I'm from Richmond, B.C (Canada) and I own a 2015 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic.

I have a question regarding the car service cost? how much does it usually cost to get your evoque serviced
    at an authorized Land Rover dealer? - I was quoted $1,300

Thank you
    GTurner likes this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Welcome to the forum!

Here in the US, along with the owner's manual, there is a booklet titled "Passport to Service". This booklet lists the "recommend" items to be done at each yearly/milage service. A lot of what is listed is just looking at various things. But, at the labor rate the dealers charge, it can add up. I would look to see if this booklet is provided to Canadian customers, and decide what you really think is important, and what isn't. This may cut down your cost of service. I only ever had the dealer change the oil and filter, and do the standard things that are part of that cost, look at brakes etc. I paid $146 US, for this once a year while in the warranty period. Of course, this is just my opinion, others may have different advise. Ultimately, you have to decided what you think is best for your Evoque.

Our Evoque is a garage queen and only does about 2,000 miles a year, so I wasn't too worried about the dealer doing a bunch of checks, that I didn't feel were required at such low milage.
    Last edited by Rsquared; 05-29-2018 at 07:26 AM.

Member #
    Unless you have deep pockets do it yourself. My last visit to a dealer in Toronto fo a service cost $600+ and then they wanted to charge $97 extra to rotate the wheels as well as $27 a lite for the oil.
    Won't get me again.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Hello from just south of the border (Anacortes). I drive through the lower mainland when I head up to Whistler for skiing.
    The most I've paid is $1200.00US and that was for three year service. Usually I pay under $500.00 for yearly servicing. This is done by the same dealer where I purchased my '14 Evoque. I really don't mind, since it's only once a year. I've owned it for four years now and have 32000 miles, so I haven't driven it that much. I figure if I had to have the oil changed every three months, it would work out to be the same. I live in a strata, so we don't have facilities to do our own oil changes. My tyres were purchased at Costco, so they do the rotating. Hope you are enjoying your ride.

Member #
    Let's face it..dealership charges are pretty much outrageous..I guess they figure that if you can afford to buy a RR..you have deep pockets..I know the ONLY dealership here in DM Iowa charges $161 hr..for pretty much EVERYTHING..I paid $190+ for a simple oil/filter change and software update. All I can tell you is, know
    your car. Keep all records of service done so you don't wind up paying for something already done.

Member #
    I think they charge about $130 to $140 around here in East TN. I took mine in for warranty work and they wanted something like $850 to replace the left front camera. It was around $400+ for the camera and about $350-$400 for labor. I found the exact camera from the UK brand new for $60 delivered and installed it myself in about 30 minutes. They also wanted to replace my brakes and quoted about $800 for that.

Member #
    Can you let me know who you got the camera from. My rear camera has packed up for the second time. They want $300+ for one around here.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltrx View Post
    Can you let me know who you got the camera from. My rear camera has packed up for the second time. They want $300+ for one around here.

I did quite a bit of research at the time and I seem to remember some of the older ones with only a rear camera used a different camera. But these worked for mine and were identical to what came out. This is the listing for the one I purchased. It doesn't look like the seller has any more but there were a handful of people selling these for a similar price. Also, you might want to contact this seller. He was extremely helpful. I found evidence of there being a 6 pin and a 4 pin camera and some confusion about which part number. I think mine was the 6 pin (I will see if I can find it).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/273086669329
    Last edited by lemmy999; 01-17-2019 at 11:59 AM.

Member #
    Just for reference, here is the full exchange with the seller regarding the 2 different types of cameras (6 pin vs 4 pin). Based on this I think I have the 6 pin and most on ebay seemed to be the 6 pin, but they seemed to often list the older part number.

Your listening showed the part # LR025912. Many online sites showed LR025912 was the correct number for my 2015 Evoque. But a dealer said it is actually part #LR052028. If you haven't shipped is it too late to cancel this order? If it is too late I understand, as it is my mistake. Thank you.

Thank you for letting us know, we have stop the parcel from leaving just in time . See there are to types of camera's , the older version had the 4 pin connector and the new version of vehicle has 6 pin connector, have you seen the one on your vehicle yet? we are just doing a little investigation but of we we can refund your monies in whatever circumstance, Please let us know. Kind Regards

Thank you. I am very confused. I have had 2 dealers check my VIN (SALVT2BG7FH008568) and they say my part # should be LR052028 and that it is a 6 pin camera (he opened the box and checked) and is used on 2014-2015 (and maybe 2016). Many websites show the LR025912 for 2012-1015, but the dealer I spoke with said that part number was only used up to the end of 2013. At least this is in the USA. I once had the side camera replaced under warranty and on the documentation they listed LR052028 as the camera they used so I am pretty sure that is what is on my vehicle and that would make it 6 pin . But since your part is LR025912 I am worried it might not work even though it is also a 6 pin.

Thank you for your email. is it difficult for you to take out the present camera
    ? as that way we have sent you pictures of both camera available for your vehicle and since 2016 seems to be the time of change over from the old shape to the new shape, this is were the confusion lies and of course the dealership and manufacturers do not want to share this information with ebay sellers or outside sellers. the ball is in our court, but we highly recommend you check your present part for true compatability, or if you have seen the part parts at the dealership then we also stock the part, but once again you are in control of the sale as we have not sent the parcel. Please let us know your thoughts. Kind Regards

If I had to guess I would think the one on your original listing is the correct one for me. The reason I say that is that I am 99% sure (based on 2 LR dealers) that LR052028 is the right one for my Evoque and there is an ebay listing with a camera that looks just like yours (plastic base) and is sitting on the original box with the LR052028 part #

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112741038942

I know the LR052028 is a 6 pin, but I am beginning to think the LR025912 is the part number for the old 4 pin cameras, but this is the part number that seems to be on most of the LR 6 pin camera listings on Ebay.

I probably won't get the time to take off my bumper until Saturday. So go ahead and ship the original one I purchased from you (plastic base). Yours looks identical to the one in the above listing. I apologize for the confusion and indecisiveness. Thank you.

Member #
    Actually the seller I used still has one left:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Range-Rover...8/273258081032

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads