Engine repairs

Engine repairs

This is a discussion on Engine repairs within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Just rolled over 60,000 miles and got a bill for $5100 Canadian for a new turbo. So far they haven't told me how much to ...

Thread: Engine repairs

Member #

Engine repairs

Just rolled over 60,000 miles and got a bill for $5100 Canadian for a new turbo. So far they haven't told me how much to fix the very noisy cam/follower issue. Of course no warranty coverage.
    Paid a lot of money for a car that I did not expect to have huge repair bills so early in its life. Second time I have had a major issue on a long run, try getting through the Appalachians with a bust turbo and no dealer for 450 miles in one directions and in the other a dealer who would not look under the bonnet.
    Not impressed. Vehicle is untrustworthy and service is miles apart and inconsistent.
    Maybe time for a change

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Is it possible to replace the engine parts with more commonly available and cheaper Ford parts? The engine is a Ford engine and I have looked up so many parts that are the exact same but prices cheaper when ordered as a Ford unit.

Member #
    To do that requires the parts to be available in the North American market as the power train is of EU manufacture and used in product sold in that market matching parts in North Maerica can be a challenge.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltrx View Post
    To do that requires the parts to be available in the North American market as the power train is of EU manufacture and used in product sold in that market matching parts in North America can be a challenge.
    Your transmission is either a Getrag or ZF (depending on your year). Both very commonly available and not exclusive to EU or Range Rover. Land Rover doesn’t design or manufacture these, they spec it and buy them from global suppliers.

The engine is a Ford Ecoboost that can be found in countless Ford vehicles in Canada like the Escape and Fusion, etc. I just looked and found a Canadian supplier of official FoMoCo turbo replacements for $1100 CAD.

Member #

Ads