Front License Plate Bracket?

This is a discussion on Front License Plate Bracket? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Isn't every automotive forum required to have a front license plate bracket discussion? I did a search and didn't find one. "It doesn't bother me... ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Isn't every automotive forum required to have a front license plate bracket discussion? I did a search and didn't find one. "It doesn't bother me... I hate it... It's the law... I did it this way..."

I'm in Texas and finally received my new plates and I haven't been able to make myself run by the dealership and let them screw the factory style front bracket into my bumper. It bugs me.

In Texas the law does require a front plate, however I've heard they messed it up this past year and deleted the penalty clause accidentally that defined the fine amount. I'm guessing it will get put back in place soon enough so I'm still looking at installing a front bracket.

So far I've found one online person/site here in the US that sells an aftermarket bracket that you sort of screw up under a lip of the front bumper such that it won't show the holes if you take the plate off. It looks pretty slick and maybe a bit flimsy, but I'm also being a bit whiney about how the front end looks and I usually just don't care about this kind of stuff.

Anybody have any alternate ideas to the OEM screw-it bracket?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    What kind of thing do you mean? Something that doesn't require drilling into the bumper? Is that the main concern? I did it without hesitation, but I know people in the UK have some way to stick on a bracket. It sounds shady to me- not secure. I guess I feel like pretty much everyone needs a front plate, so it is unlikely anyone will ever take the front bracket off down the road to expose those screw holes. I do see some cars that take chances without the front plates, but I don't feel strongly enough to do it. That's me.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Member #
    There are some kits out there that let you use the factory tow hook spot and you screw it in there. Not sure where it is on the evoque as mine hasn't arrived yet but its a thought. I love AZ not having to have front plates.
    How to reset Warnings on your Evoque (Video)
    12 Evoque Dynamic 5D Fuji White/Onyx
    05 G35
    08 ISF
    09 GTR

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I hate the dealer plates!

Member #
    Can you post or message me the info for the bracket you found? My wife and I both got tickets on our previous vehicles so I want to get it mounted but hate to drill it! Thx.

Member #
    The bracket I came across technically requires drilling, but just not in the forward facing surface. You drill holes upwards where they aren't visible and they use a combination of adhesive tape and fasteners. I still haven't decided what I may do myself, but while looking at the dimensional options for this bracket and then looking at several different Evoque option levels at the dealership I learned my dynamic has different front bumper dimensions. I almost don't see how this could be installed on a non-dynamic with the shallow grill depth below the bumper. These folks suggest a bracket size, but they have no photos of an Evoque in their gallery to see what it might look like.

Skene Design License Plate Mount

Member #
    Thanks for the info. I'll take a look and let you know if I try it.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cousin.it View Post
    The bracket I came across technically requires drilling, but just not in the forward facing surface. You drill holes upwards where they aren't visible and they use a combination of adhesive tape and fasteners. I still haven't decided what I may do myself, but while looking at the dimensional options for this bracket and then looking at several different Evoque option levels at the dealership I learned my dynamic has different front bumper dimensions. I almost don't see how this could be installed on a non-dynamic with the shallow grill depth below the bumper. These folks suggest a bracket size, but they have no photos of an Evoque in their gallery to see what it might look like.

Skene Design License Plate Mount
    Thanks cousin.it,
    I bought the bracket, and am just waiting for my plates to show up. CA Personalized: BKNTN (Black and Tan)
    Not yet convinced I want a front plate on, but considering it is a requirement, sooner or later I'll likely have to. What I really like is the height adjustment. If I can get it down low enough, it might just look OK.
    I'll post pics when I install it. Thanks again for the lead.
    on the Coast
    2012 RR Evoque Dynamic Coupe, Ipanima Sand / Sadly gone!
    2008 Audi S6 V10 "The Beast" (For Sale)
    2014 Audi S6 V8T Quartz Grey Metallic / Balck
    2013 Porsche Boxster for my wife!

Member #
    Hi, I like the idea of this bracket - anyone have any pics to share of it installed?

Member #
    Here in Massachusetts front plates are required, but I have never obeyed the this law in the past 8 years of driving and never had an issue with cops hassling me over it either and I have been stopped many times for speeding. I think there is a gray area involving this regulation. However I recently went for an inspection sticker and was in shock that I got a rejection sticker because I forgot to tape my plate to the front bumper. I hate that dealerships automatically screw the brackets on the front bumper when they take delivery of the vehicle, in the past I have just filled the holes with bumper plugs this time I elected to have the holes filled and resprayed and cleared. Came out perfect. I hate that there is a tint restriction here in Massachusetts on the front fronts of 35%, again I am reluctant to obey, I have 5% on the front, 5% over the factory tint on the rears, and a 5% brow on the windshield. I have yet to be hassled about this either. Im led to believe cops just see a nice looking car and just look it away if it was a Honda Civic with the same negligence they would be more apt to ienforce the rule thinking it was a young punk kid. Fingers crossed I hope I just didn't jinks myself!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads