Evoque upgrade options after purchase

This is a discussion on Evoque upgrade options after purchase within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hi everyone, new member here. I am a prospective Evoque purchaser. The main options I want in an Evoque are the adaptive cruise control and ...

Member #

Hi everyone, new member here. I am a prospective Evoque purchaser. The main options I want in an Evoque are the adaptive cruise control and higher HP. My question is can either of these be upgraded after purchase?

You have to buy higher $ models with big option packages with a new car purchase just to get the adaptive cruise control feature.

Is buying a used or lower model Evoque and adding adaptive CC and HP increase options after the fact a viable strategy to save money? Or even possible?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Although I don't have experience doing so, common sense says it would be better to buy a car that has the features you want, if saving money is the object. Industry wide, features that can be installed in the factory can be done quicker and cheaper than after the fact. Some things wouldn't be possible, and I think you'll find that after market parts (Land Rover Parts, not after market suppliers) cost a lot more at the service desk than as an option on the sticker. Again, I'm talking about original equipment parts. You might find a supplier that sells chips to change your engine mapping, but as far as I know, this will void your warranty. Also labor charges, since they will have to undo what they've already done, then install the new parts, would also be mahoosive. You didn't say if you'd be doing the work yourself. Don't let me discourage you though. Talk to a service professional and see what they say. Use that information when you negotiate a price on the car. They may give you a better deal. Then share what you find out with us. Cheers!

Ads