Gear noise

Gear noise

This is a discussion on Gear noise within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; My 2012 Evoque has developed a noise from the transmission, transfer case, differential? It sounds like if you have one of the very low geared ...

Thread: Gear noise

Member #

Gear noise

My 2012 Evoque has developed a noise from the transmission, transfer case, differential? It sounds like if you have one of the very low geared selections engaged but I'm in normal driving mode; especially when decelerating and the transmission downshifts into a lower gear.

I stopped by an independent in Santa Monica and was told the front and rear differentials are sealed units and do not need the lubricants changed, and when they fail, you change the entire unit.
    I've never heard of such an idiotic design on a moving part that needs constant lubrication.

Anyone with a similar problem?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    [QUOTE=aatila3;24850]My 2012 Evoque has developed a noise from the transmission, transfer case, differential? It sounds like if you have one of the very low geared selections engaged but I'm in normal driving mode; especially when decelerating and the transmission downshifts into a lower gear.

I stopped by an independent in Santa Monica and was told the front and rear differentials are sealed units and do not need the lubricants changed, and when they fail, you change the entire unit.
    I've never heard of such an idiotic design on a moving part that needs constant lubrication.

Anyone with a similar problem?

I have to replace my rear differential for same reason at 90k miles

Ads