Secondary battery not covered by mfg warranty?

This is a discussion on Secondary battery not covered by mfg warranty? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I purchased a 2014 Evoque that is still under manufacturer warranty for about another year (it was a demo at a dealership for a year, ...

Member #

I purchased a 2014 Evoque that is still under manufacturer warranty for about another year (it was a demo at a dealership for a year, so the in-service date was not until 2015). The ECO Start/Stop was not working, so I took it in and they say the secondary batter needs to be replaced and is NOT covered by the warranty. It's around $500 USD. Sounds fishy to me that an original part would not be covered. Anyone else run into this? Do I need to push back?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I have a 2015 with 40-45k miles and I took it in to the local dealer and they replaced that battery under warranty. I have read many places that it is a warranty item. Also, I have read there is an aftermarket battery that can be used in place of the factory one and it is much cheaper. But I can't recall what is the model of the replacement battery.

Member #
    I had an extended (third party) warranty on my 2012 Evoque. Secondary battery on mine died about a year ago and it was not covered. If I remember correctly it was not cheap. Battery plus labor was over $400. Was not happy about this unexpected repair issue. I didn't even know the vehicle had a secondary battery.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    The auxiliary battery cost me $510 to replace at the dealership but it included the main battery. When all the batteries are OEM, dealership will proceed with proper diagnostics for any code errors. I had the "Transmission Fault - Shift to P before engine stop" error and it was resolved after both batteries were replaced. Both batteries should put out 12V and since the auxiliary battery was only putting out 5V, the vehicle was registering an error. A lame excuse to have the batteries replaced at the dealership for double the price...

Ads