Electrical- USB Chargers & Cigarette Lighters

This is a discussion on Electrical- USB Chargers & Cigarette Lighters within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; ive read in a few places that some LR/RR models will shut the power to the cigarette lighter a short while after the engine is ...

Member #

ive read in a few places that some LR/RR models will shut the power to the cigarette lighter a short while after the engine is off. true?

im concerned with plugging in a USB port into the cigarette lighter (especially the ones that light up) because i only drive once per week. ive read that if you leave it in, it drains the battery. ive also read that it would take months to drain the battery at this rate.

any thoughts? does it stay on while the car is off? should i avoid the chargers that are back-lit? is the draw so small that i am ok for a week?

thanks!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    When you open the doors and you see the touch screen, and odometer milage light up, the cigarette lighter will have power. If you were just opening the door to remove something, not starting the car and driving off. After the door is shut, after a short time the power is removed and there shouldn't be any current draw. At least that's how it works on our MY13 Coupe.

Member #
    great thank you! i read something similar on another forum. to me this means after the set time delay, no real draw.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    on a separate note- the little USB ports on my '16, barely charge an iphone. they seem to be pretty current restricted. I might get 1% additional battery charge every 5 min.

They stay on for a while after you shut the car off- not sure how long. maybe 10min? and then they go off.

Member #
    thanks- yeah i think i heard something like 10-15 minutes.

Ads