Heated Windshield night glare opinions..

This is a discussion on Heated Windshield night glare opinions.. within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hello, As my username suggests I'm thinking of an Evoque. Probably similar to many of you where 25k used to be an expensive car for ...

Member #

Hello, As my username suggests I'm thinking of an Evoque. Probably similar to many of you where 25k used to be an expensive car for me until I saw the Evoque, and still can't believe I'm seriously thinking about buying such an expensive quickly depreciating asset. Anyway, I'd like opinions on the heated windshield element with opposing car headlight glare.

Is it a rare occurrence with just the right angle/other car kind of thing or is it more you now hate night driving and are mad you got that option? In between?

See there's a dynamic that I has pretty much everything I want so I'm hoping the dealer will be giving me a deal on the 2012 lot model vs. ordering a 2013. I will be moving to SoCal next year so I don't need the climate package but all the east coast cars were ordered with them which makes sense as a dealer.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Personally I haven't noticed any excessive glare from oncoming headlights. I'm in So Cal but got the comfort package because I've been used to heated seats for quite a while (Audi), and like them very much. The heating element in the windshield is noticable if you look for it, but no big deal to me. It has given folks with transponders, gps, radar detectors, etc. some trouble due to interference, but it doesn't cover the full width of the glass, leaving some room to work with (in my opinion). Conclusion: get off the fence, you won't regret it.

Member #
    I have owned my dynamic Evoque for two months and I haven't driven it past 8pm...it is still very light outdide so I don't have an opinion on the windshield yet. I can't wait to drive the vehicle when it's dark to see all the different interior lighting options you have for the dash as well as the interior doors.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    It's not noticeable unless you really focus on them. I drove my new Evoque last night in the pouring rain and it didn't bother me. I also had the same heated glass in my Porsche Cayenne and it also didn't bother me then.

Member #
    It hasn't bothered me any. Very rarely at some angles it does glare from the sun when it hits directly but other than that it hasn't really been anything I've paid too much attention to.
    How to reset Warnings on your Evoque (Video)
    12 Evoque Dynamic 5D Fuji White/Onyx
    05 G35
    08 ISF
    09 GTR

Member #
    Very cool, I appreciate all the thoughts they certainly calm my fears a bit. Although I got a bit of a surprise and the dealer is going to allow me to take an evoque home for 2 whole days no charge, I was impressed as you don't get that at the local Ford/GM/Toyota dealer. So I'll be sure to drive it and see how the windshield treats me at night. I guess you do get better service in the luxury space.

Member #
    I have driven a lot at night, and even on very dark roads, passing cars don't bother me. I noticed the glare for about a week, then I stopped. Every now and then I concentrate on it to see if it is annoying, but I have concluded that although you see it, your mind looks pas it and it is not distracting. There is a lot of chatter about it on the forum, but I would bet if you "reinterviewed" the people that complained about it, they would be used to it now.

Also, my friend who has had a Disco 3 for years swears by the heated windscreen. He hasn't scraped a windshield in years, and loves it!!! No wiper chatter, etc either when it is cold. Sounds cool. I have not gotten to use the feature yet, since I bought the car in May. Winter's never that far away here, tho....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Member #
    I have had my Evoque since May and have had the windshield problem from the start. The light reflects off the heated grill and at night makes very difficult driving. Been back to RR with the problem and am waiting for a solution, Also, the TV module has a fault and blocks all other comms. functions, including the radio, cd, iPod. Now the mirror dip on reverse has packed up, and to top it all when it rains the rain drops falling on the front roof panel sound like pebbles on a tin roof! Its a great MV but a little bit more of the RR would have gone a long way. Some say its a cheap RR and I guess they are correct but for 10% more I could have got a new RR sport! What say you?

Member #
    It doesn't bother me too much. But I have hadd it on a Discovery and LR2 before the Evoque. I notice it a little bit, but it isn't a bother so much.

Ads