Whirring sound when accelerating from low speeds

This is a discussion on Whirring sound when accelerating from low speeds within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I have a 2015 Dynamic that I purchased around 36k miles. It now has 48.5k miles. When I accelerate moderately from low speeds I hear ...

Member #

I have a 2015 Dynamic that I purchased around 36k miles. It now has 48.5k miles. When I accelerate moderately from low speeds I hear a whirring sound that seems somewhat tied to engine speed (as opposed to road speed). It isn't super loud but it is definitely there and I don't remember it being there when I first got it. I am thinking it is some sort of bearing on the power steering pump or maybe something in the turbo. But I have no idea. Has anyone else had this?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    i have a 2015 pure plus. same mileage i bought at. sometimes, i'd say 1-2x per drive, when i accelerate, i get more of a rattle, but like a plasticky rattle, as if the dash is rubbing against something else. it's not extreme; it's just a car noise. think it's the same?

Member #
    No mine is a really high pitched noise that sounds like a bearing spinning up really fast. It isn't a rattle sound at all. I have 1500 miles left on the warranty. I'm getting new tires put on this week and then next week I'm going to try to take it in.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    The it to the dealer there are several things it could be. Mine was the turbo have you lost power as well

Member #
    No I haven't lost power.

Member #
    Could be the drive belt jockey pulley or an alternator bearing these would be the cheapest to repair. As you still have warranty remaining get it into the dealer to fix it

Member #
    Well unfortunately I screwed up and let the warranty run out. I thought the warranty was 5 year 50,000 miles. But as you all probably know it is 4 year 50,000 miles. Last Friday (the 4th of January) I called up to schedule a time for them to look at it. Today (10th) was the earliest they could get to it. A couple of days ago I saw something saying it was a 4 year warranty. So I found the carfax the dealer gave to me when I purchased it used and it showed it being put in to service on January 5th 2015. So I hoped they would give me a pass...but no dice. Also, they claimed that the warranty actually ran out about 3 weeks ago. So I guess I won't know what that noise is until it gets worse and something breaks.

Ads