Rain sensing vs interval wipers

This is a discussion on Rain sensing vs interval wipers within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I always have my wipers wet to auto ( rain sensing). The other day I was at a red light that I knew was long ...

Member #

I always have my wipers wet to auto ( rain sensing). The other day I was at a red light that I knew was long and I killed the car then hit the switch with the foot off of the brake pedal so that I could see the tire pressures on the display. As I viewed the pressure display I put my foot on the brake and started the engine. I had never touched the wiper selection knob and it was still set to auto. From that point on it was working like interval wipers. When I rotated the knob that changes the sensitivity of the auto rain sensing wipers, it instead sped up or slowed down the interval period. I thought I had some malfunction with the wipers. I turned them off and on and every time I had it on Auto they behaved like interval wipers. I then remembered that I had started the engine from the pressure screen so I repeated the process at the next red light and it went back to normal operation.

I haven't read anywhere that starting from the pressure screen disables the automatic rain sensing feature. Has anyone else noticed this?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Wow this is very interesting. What year is your Evoque?

Member #
    It is a 2015.

Ads