Chassis number

Chassis number

This is a discussion on Chassis number within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum. I have an Evoque which I bought new in 2015, I went for the TD4 engine and so ...

Thread: Chassis number

Member #

Chassis number

Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum. I have an Evoque which I bought new in 2015, I went for the TD4 engine and so far am delighted with the vehicle. I am a Brit but live in Ireland and we are obliged to have an "NCT" test, basically an MOT, after 3 years then every two years. To my horror, the vehicle failed recently because the tester could not locate the chassis number. I showed him the number through the windscreen in the bottom right corner, but he insisted he needs to see it stamped on the chassis itself. I called the dealer, however even he said he didn't know if it was stamped elsewhere on the vehicle. Can anybody help me please ?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Welcome to the forum!

I remembered seeing something about this a while ago. I found some information on the UK Evoque forum. Have a look at the link below. No explicit information of where to find it, but at least it is somewhere to start looking. Let us know if you find it, and where.

https://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk/f...n-numbers.html

EDIT: Found this is the factory service manual.

The body VIN is located behind the spare wheel well under the rear carpet.
    Last edited by Rsquared; 01-09-2019 at 01:49 PM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsquared View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

I remembered seeing something about this a while ago. I found some information on the UK Evoque forum. Have a look at the link below. No explicit information of where to find it, but at least it is somewhere to start looking. Let us know if you find it, and where.

https://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk/f...n-numbers.html

EDIT: Found this is the factory service manual.

The body VIN is located behind the spare wheel well under the rear carpet.
    Many thanks for trying to help me, I appreciate it. Several people gave me the same advice and even some You Tube videos suggest it is behind the rear seat under a carpet flap, close to the spare wheel. Unfortunately I did not find it there, however I eventually found it under the hood in the drainage channel running around the edge of the engine compartment.

Ads