ANGRY - Crack in Exhaust/Turbo Manifold!!! - Page 4

ANGRY - Crack in Exhaust/Turbo Manifold!!!

This is a discussion on ANGRY - Crack in Exhaust/Turbo Manifold!!! within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; 2012 Pure Plus. 86,400. Exhaust in the cabin only at cold start up. Cracked exhaust manifold; however, at the engine flange at the end pipe, ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ANGRY - Crack in Exhaust/Turbo Manifold!!!

Member #
    2012 Pure Plus. 86,400. Exhaust in the cabin only at cold start up. Cracked exhaust manifold; however, at the engine flange at the end pipe, not near the turbo. If I had figured it out last year my extended warranty would have covered it. About $4,000! Ouch.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DEFENDER777 View Post
    2012 Pure Plus. 86,400. Exhaust in the cabin only at cold start up. Cracked exhaust manifold; however, at the engine flange at the end pipe, not near the turbo. If I had figured it out last year my extended warranty would have covered it. About $4,000! Ouch.
    yeah I thought that was the most common place for them to break. It sucks because they seem to all break between 50k and 90k miles. There is an aftermarket cast exhaust manifold that you can get from ebay or a place in Canada, but I think it is made by some company in China. I have no idea how good it is, but it would likely never break.

UPDATE: Well my turbo may have failed today at 52k miles. I do not get the exhaust smell, but I am getting an odd/louder noise and I have little power and I have checked with an OBDII reader and I am making no boost. I'm not going to waste money on the LR one and have it fail again in 50k miles. So I guess I will try the one from Canada and replace it myself. It is about $1k. I guess LR never redesigned the part because it typically makes it past 50k miles so they make more money off of replacing them.

Last edited by lemmy999; Yesterday at 10:00 PM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltrx View Post
    You don, need to remove the sub frame it will come out with it in place from the underneath
    Quiltrx, it looks like my turbo may have failed suddenly (no boost) so I will be needing to remove my turbo. I have been under mine a few times looking at the turbo and for the life of me I don't see how I will be able to get the turbo out without removing that sub frame. Do you have any hints or tips that might help? Would I need to take it off then separate the two halves (turbo and manifold) then bring them out separately? I am assuming you bring them out the back side of the sub frame? Thanks for any help, I really don't want to remove the sub frame.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Ads