2012 Evoque Reliable Enough to Purchase? Stock tires OK for Winter?

This is a discussion on 2012 Evoque Reliable Enough to Purchase? Stock tires OK for Winter? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I've been shopping the Evoque. Love the car but scarred to death of the first year reliability. Just drove through my dealer's lot (on a ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

I've been shopping the Evoque. Love the car but scarred to death of the first year reliability. Just drove through my dealer's lot (on a Sunday) and there are two Evoque's sitting outside waiting for repairs.

Prices here (Minnesota) are sitting around retail making it a tougher purchase if resale doesn't hold up.

So curious if it's worth waiting and hoping the 2013s address some of the gremlins or if the reports of reliability issues are over done?

Also the Evoque's my dealer had came with the Conti tires which Tire Rack shows as summer tires. So wondering if you snow bound owners have been purchasing winter tires or swapping out for all seasons?

I currently have a 2011 Acura MDX (trading) and 2012 Infiniti G37 Convertible (staying).

Thanks all.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Those tires are NOT good in the snow...
    And I am waiting for gremlins to be worked out...

Member #
    My Evoque has been completely reliable so far with no issues (10 months). The Continentals are great overall but have horrible traction in the snow, at least in my experience.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Very minor issues so far, 9000 miles. I bought Hankook Evo V12s, so can't speak about the stock tires. I also am in MN, and plan on getting snow tires.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Member #
    I have had mine for 6 weeks, 1100 miles, no issues to date.

Member #
    Have 2K miles on Prestige and no issues. Tire Rack does list the Continental as a summer tire eventho it is marked M+S on the sidewall.
    After some research I purchased a set of Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 from Tire Rack with four tire tote cover/carriers. Total price with shipping to Maryland was $775.00.

Member #
    I work as a technician at one of the largest retailers in the country. We have 20 techs in our shop, and the other day I was realizing that there was not one Evoque in the shop. We sell them, and we don't see them again. There have been some minor issues but on the whole, this is an almost trouble free car. What we have been seeing is a click in the front suspension, smart key issues, and of course, the water in the intercooler that causes the reduced engine performance when it rains. All of these issues have fixes in place or in the pipeline.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrenchbender412i View Post
    I work as a technician at one of the largest retailers in the country. We have 20 techs in our shop, and the other day I was realizing that there was not one Evoque in the shop. We sell them, and we don't see them again. There have been some minor issues but on the whole, this is an almost trouble free car. What we have been seeing is a click in the front suspension, smart key issues, and of course, the water in the intercooler that causes the reduced engine performance when it rains. All of these issues have fixes in place or in the pipeline.
    My retailer in MN was unaware of the water in the intercooler issue. I had an episode of this, but there were not codes that the dealer was able to find to show the issue. What info should I give the dealer so they can reference the issue in the LR internal information bank? I would like to have someone replace whatever needs to be replaced next time I am in....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Member #
    11000 miles on mine and not a single issue.

Member #
    I was told about it last Friday for the first time. Most dealers are not aware of it yet. As of this week, there is no official diagnosis and no official fix. I am sure that once they do come up with a good fix for this problem, A bulletin will go out to all retailers. I will post anything I hear that is worth posting as soon as I get it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads