tires

tires

This is a discussion on tires within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; when you have bought replacement tires, what has worked best for you----I'm thinking of putting General Altimax Rt43 tires on my 13 RR Evoque. Any ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Motorcitysteel

Thread: tires

Member #

tires

when you have bought replacement tires, what has worked best for you----I'm thinking of putting General Altimax Rt43 tires on my 13 RR Evoque. Any thoughts, reviews, etc?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I replaced mine with the ones that came on the car continental cross contact

Member #
    I purchased Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 245/45ZR-20 and I have loved them.

The CrossContact OEM tires were $326 each and had a 420 A A UTQG. Also they are categorized as a Street/Sport Truck Summer tire. The Extreme Contact were $216 each and had a 560 AA A UTQG and are an Ultra High Performance All-Season tire.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I went with Atturo Trail Blade M/T 255/55R/19 Mud Terrain tires. I take mine off road, so car tires wont work for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    lemmy999 and jes2tngo like this.

Member #
    Pirelli Scorpion Verde Run Flats came on mine. Work great in spring, summer, fall and wet conditions. Not good in the snow. There is an all season version that does better in snow. I just purchased Cooper CS5 ultra touring...they look great, are reasonably priced, and they handle dry, wet and light snow brilliantly. There are about 100 different tires you can use on the evoque. What are you looking for? Summer performance? All seasons? Offroading? Snow tires?

Member #
    I was disappointed with the original equipment Conti Cross Contact's wear life, having to replace them at around 20k miles, after normal use (no off road). I replaced mine with Michelin Defender LTX. I'm now at 36k miles and they are still like new. About the same as far as ride, and road noise is less.
    Last edited by markdartj; 03-15-2019 at 10:24 AM.

Member #
    Those are great tires for the street. Had them on my Cadillac ATS.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    I've had those tires on a Caddy and they were great. But last year I went with a set of Vredestein QuaTrac5 and tbh these are probably THE BEST tires I've ever had, on ANY vehicle I've owned, from a Jeep to an Audi A6 and now my Evoque, these tires are phenomenal! I reviewed tires for almost 6 months before going with these from tire rack. The OEM Conti's were terrible for the snow in Chicago, but these Vredestein's were amazing! They have the 3 PMSF (3 Peak-Mountain Snow Flake) rating, meaning they're one of THE BEST All-season tires rated for snow that aren't a dedicated snow tire. I'll go with these tires for any other vehicle I buy, and DEFINITELY recommend them for comfort, mileage, noise and thread life on the Evoque!

Member #
    These look awesome! How do they hold up in the snow/rain? I would imagine they would have amazing traction.

Ads