Evoque BIG problem with harness

This is a discussion on Evoque BIG problem with harness within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Folks, I was getting 'lost communication' error and parking brake fault ect ect. took to dealer 3 times, many $$ spent on towing my 2015 ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wungun

Thread: Evoque BIG problem with harness

Member #

Folks, I was getting 'lost communication' error and parking brake fault ect ect. took to dealer 3 times, many $$ spent on towing my 2015 dynamic. Ok gave up with dealer and spending money, started to take apart and check every plug..finally found the BIG problem with evoque. the small engine fuse box has a plug that runs through fender under left headlamp to the inside of front bumper left, also the main fuse box next to engine fuse box runs a cable (with connector) to plug into the cable from the engine fuse box. WHY?? both these cable could have connected and protected inside the engine compartment, very foolish to send both these cables to this outer area for NO reason. I live in MONTREAL quebec with bad roads and LOTS of salt, I found lots of salt damage on this connector, I ran into a puddle two months ago that was about 6 in deep and full of salt (for ice roads). NOW the big problem, can I buy just the
    connector??? nope...I know have to buy both front harness and spend 10 hours of work to switch them out. I loved the evoque till this problem. To fix this rite and not just start cutting and butting wires together is going to cost big $$$$, I want to do it rite and not butcher this expensive car. and guess what, I will make sure these cable will NOT go back to the inner fender area. SHAME on YOU LAND ROVER.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Can you post pics of these plugs?
    Pics of the location and damage?
    Ontario driver here.... And they salt here too.

Member #

pic added for u (hope it works

Quote Originally Posted by wungun View Post
    Can you post pics of these plugs?
    Pics of the location and damage?
    Ontario driver here.... And they salt here too.
    pic has been added. not too clear but gives u a good idea, car now back a dealer to clear computer faults. 5th time.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #

added 2nd pic better .

2nd pic look close and see green salt damage.on left side of plug
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Maybe it would be a good idea to put some dielectric grease on these connectors to protect against corrosion.

Member #
    Where are these plug located again? Can you provide pics of the location?
    lemmy999 likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by wungun View Post
    Where are these plug located again? Can you provide pics of the location?
    location: from small engine fuse box go down large wire harness about 1 foot, you will see the junction wire (groupe of about 10-12 wires) about 1 foot long, this sits under headlights and to the open spot of the fender
    where salt and water can get it. it then clicks on the a plug which goes back to the other fuse box that is attached to the engine harness fuse box, I do NOT have the unit in front of me becuase I have AGAIN
    towed my car back to the dealer with 'gearbox fault' coe p06a6-01 and p0893-07 (voltage range problem) This car has caused so many problems for my family, I cannot get my wife off my back,
    calls me an idiot far buy a car like this, sick to my tommy over this issue. I feal like finding a large cement post and driving this car into it. I wish someone at land rover would give a sh*t and
    work with me, over $2,000.00 spent so far and NOTHIG fixed.

Ads