2013 evoque won’t Start

2013 evoque won’t Start

This is a discussion on 2013 evoque won’t Start within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hey gu...

Member #
    Hey gu
    Last edited by Roko; 04-07-2019 at 02:34 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    check all fuses, some hidden 80 amp beside fuse boxes, had same problem with mine, cost me $700.00 for dealer to change fuse, they say it was a hidden fuse, lots of fuses on this car, mine now back for 5th time to fix salt issue on
    harness..swap relays also will not hurt. check plugs under carpet on pass side, lots of them. hope u have the patience.

Member #
    This will sound to simple but this is what worked on my wife's evoque with the same issue based on a mecanic's recommendation.
    Disconnect the battery terminal cables, clean with a little sand paper (both the cables' and battery terminals) and reconnect.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Checking fuses is a good idea since you have mentioned battery is OK. But really really make sure about the battery. Even it may be a little bit lower than the limit point, some of the systems may shut down accordingly to save power. And also cleaning the battery terminals may help if it is a corrosion issue. But you have mentioned the car was running after that issue. So check all fuses (including the ones at the back). It will be painful(there is a youtube video about how to check Evouqe's fuse inside the car, not the one at the back), but if it is not a fuse or a battery issue, you can not handle it on your own. By the way, if it is the main battery (there is another 12V battery) and you are going to change it, know this it is hard to take it out by yourself. If you do not have any experience, get help from someone who knows. Good luck!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cemdede View Post
    Checking fuses is a good idea since you have mentioned battery is OK. But really really make sure about the battery. Even it may be a little bit lower than the limit point, some of the systems may shut down accordingly to save power. And also cleaning the battery terminals may help if it is a corrosion issue. But you have mentioned the car was running after that issue. So check all fuses (including the ones at the back). It will be painful(there is a youtube video about how to check Evouqe's fuse inside the car, not the one at the back), but if it is not a fuse or a battery issue, you can not handle it on your own. By the way, if it is the main battery (there is another 12V battery) and you are going to change it, know this it is hard to take it out by yourself. If you do not have any experience, get help from someone who knows. Good luck!
    Just to chime in on the battery replacement.
    Initially I was lost taking the battery out but, with help from the forum,
    I removed the cross member that is centered over the battery. It turned
    out to be for bolts 4 bolts and 15 minutes to take the battery out. Heck,
    It took more time to remove all the plastic bits and battery covering.
    Yes, it a heavy battery and scraped knuckles will result but far easier then
    I expected.

‘13 Evoque, Dynamic Coupe with the 22” RR wheels

Member #
    AHHH battery issue, got message battery low, evoque started every time in -30 temps in montreal, but wify panic on seeing message, spent $300.00 on a battery, waste of money, stupid message on LR battery
    low, and I have asked people many times, 'how do u know which battery is bad??? have NEVER got an answer from dealer or LR. soo FED up with this car problems.

Ads