Evoque suspension changes through the years?

This is a discussion on Evoque suspension changes through the years? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Been shopping for a used Evoque and as discussed many times I am not terribly happy with the ride quality. I love the looks and ...

Member #

Been shopping for a used Evoque and as discussed many times I am not terribly happy with the ride quality. I love the looks and the interior of the Evoque but find the ride quality unacceptable and the road noise worse than an old Honda. The Discovery sport is much much better in both regards but you get an old Kia quality interior. Did they make any suspension/insulation tweaks through the years to justify test driving other year models on the Evoque? I have read up on the Dynamic package but that seems more aimed at improving handling, not ride quality.

I have read tons of reviews that only make it more confusing. Some say the ride is terrible and the next says it's supple. Is the tuning different between the US and Europe? I can't help but think something changed as nobody in their right mind could claim the ride as being good on the one I test drove, granted it was a two door but I can't imagine there being that much difference in the 4 door.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    There is a significant difference between the 3 door (Sports model) and 5 door commuter model

Member #
    Heres the thing, there is generally a difference between euro-spec and US-Spec suspensions. The roads are very different in many cases. It's usually just spring rates that differ but it can be a lot more. I dont know specifically what the differences are in the Evoques. I do know, as someone previously mentioned, that the 3 door has a "sportier" suspension tuning than the 5 door. Personally, I am replacing all 4 shocks/struts because Detroit roads are God awful. I purchased a set of bilsteins and I am probably going to do Eibach lowering springs (though I want to find them in red). So in short, my evoque 5 door has been riding rough but it has 95k miles on the odometer and never had shocks/struts replaced. I also purchased upgraded control arms and tie rods. This should help. There doesn't seem to be much out there in the way of suspension upgrades, only OEM replacements. There are two companies I found that make coilover suspension kits tuned in many ways, but I didnt have the $$ for them.
    Hope that helps.

Ads