Engine Shudder/Judder /Vibration

This is a discussion on Engine Shudder/Judder /Vibration within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hi all new to the forum but would like to ask for some advice please. I've been lucky enough to purchase a used Evoque but ...

Member #

Hi all new to the forum but would like to ask for some advice please. I've been lucky enough to purchase a used Evoque but have been experiencing a few issues. I've bought a 2013 eD4 manual diesel with 21k miles on the clock from a local dealer. After having the car for a few days I've noticed a judder whilst accelerating. The vibration can be felt through the floor, seat and steering wheel but is only when the car is at around 1400-1800 rpm. For example if I'm in 3rd gear travelling at 30mph and try to accelerate the problem occurs, again the same at 40mph in 4th gear and the problem is still apparent when in 6th gear doing 60mph, you get the idea. I returned the car to the dealer who also noticed the problem however they had no idea what it could be. After leaving the car with them they have checked the tyres/balancing ect, problem still there, they've then changed the drive shafts & bearings, problem still there and finally changed the clutch, dual mass flywheel thrust bearing ect however you've guessed it the problem is still there. They've now told me that they've found out it is a common trait of the engine and don't think there's anything that can be done. I find it difficult to believe this could be true as I've driven diesel cars for over 20 years and never had this problem. Has anyone on here had the same problem and more importantly found the "fix". Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Just in case this might help anyone but finally got to the bottom of the problem. 2x injectors had failed. No eml had come on nor any stored faults in ecu, fault was only apparent while under load.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Glad you got it sorted. Good update that might help someone else in the future.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Glad you figured it out. But it is strange that it didn't set any codes.

Ads