Help on removing glovebox?

This is a discussion on Help on removing glovebox? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hi, I recently purchased a 2014 Evoque, and I am having trouble finding info on how to remove the glovebox. Or, at least, to drop ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jas_God

Thread: Help on removing glovebox?

Member #

Hi, I recently purchased a 2014 Evoque, and I am having trouble finding info on how to remove the glovebox. Or, at least, to drop it down more. The reason being is I’m getting a dashcam delivered tomorrow, and plan to hardwire it to the fuse box in the glove compartment. I can reach it through the glove, but it’s a pain in the ass. I also want to do a clean install, hide as much of the wires from the dashcam as possible.

All info on google that I’ve searched for doesn’t pertain to my year model. It seems like the pre-2014 Evoques, you could just push the tabs on the side of the compartment inward and it will drop the glove compartment completely down. My evoque doesn’t have those tabs. I see two torx screws beneath the glove compartment, and two inside at the top. I’ve removed all those and still there’s no give to the glove compartment. Any help and/or information is greatly, greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    You CAN get to the fuse panel from below... Removing the trim pieces under the glove box.
    Access might not be much better than what you already have though.
    You might wanna power your cam from the center roof console instead...? Where the some lights are?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by wungun View Post
    You CAN get to the fuse panel from below... Removing the trim pieces under the glove box.
    Access might not be much better than what you already have though.
    You might wanna power your cam from the center roof console instead...? Where the some lights are?
    Thank you for the reply! Interesting, I’ll look into possibly powering it in the center roof. By that you mean right above the rear mirror yeah?

Edit: I ended up wiring it to the glove compartment fuse box. It actually wasn’t as bad as I thought it’d be, just made sure I was extra careful not to drop anything lol. Got my Street Guardian up and going! If anyone has any questions about that, feel free to ask me! Cheers. (SG9663DCPRO)
    Last edited by Jas_God; 04-18-2019 at 09:05 PM.
    wungun likes this.

Ads