Last trip to the dealer under warranty.

This is a discussion on Last trip to the dealer under warranty. within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; The 2014 has 49k and the warranty gig is up at 50,000. Planning to take it in soon for an alignment and get the computer ...

Member #

The 2014 has 49k and the warranty gig is up at 50,000. Planning to take it in soon for an alignment and get the computer updated but what else should I have the dealer do or look at? The only thing I have had go bad was a fuel rail sensor a couple years back. Any tips or advise would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    JD

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Any exhaust smells in the cabin? It seems that all of the exhaust manifolds crack between 50k and 90k miles. I also had a small leak on the lines that attach to the transaxle, but they said it wasn't enough of a leak for them to do anything about it.

Member #
    So far no exhaust in the cabin but that's my luck. I need to research the turbo as well so i'm ready when it dies. My appointment is set up for next week. 50k service and an alignment.

JD

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I just posted that the other day. I get in mine this afternoon and the whirring sound I usually hear from the turbo is gone and instead is a much different sound and I have much less power. I put on my code reader and see that I am making no boost at all. So unless I have some air leak in the hoses (so far I don't see any) it looks like my turbo has failed at 52k miles. Unlike others on here, I am not smelling any exhaust fumes. It seems many crack up close to the block and you smell the fumes. I think mine is cracking like this guy explains in the video:

The only think is he describes it as the turbine lodging and not being able to spin. But I am definitely still hearing something happen. So maybe I have some other problem.

Ads