Evoque Parking break fault

This is a discussion on Evoque Parking break fault within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I recently replaced my all 4 brakes/rotors without any problem, my second set. My issue is I have a parking brake fault light that is ...

Member #

I recently replaced my all 4 brakes/rotors without any problem, my second set. My issue is I have a parking brake fault light that is on. The break wont release like normal when I put it into drive, it does however release when I push the lever manually, as I drive i also get a flashing "Park" light message. doesn't affect the car in anyway but its annoying. I tried to disconnect the battery and that didn't work. I also tried to put he car bake into "break service mode" and was going to reverse it but it will no longer go into service mode. Anyone have any idea on a fix?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    You obviously had to remove the calipers to replace the rotors. I would take a good look at the electrical connectors, and wiring on the back of the calipers that connect to the EPB actuators. May have broken a connector or wire when removing the caliper. Just a thought

CG1
    Member #
    I ran into this when I used a manual 12V signal to release the e-brakes rather than using the service mode. This method works as long as you cinch the e-brake calipers back up before driving the car again. I think the CPU loses track of the positioning of the calipers if they don't start in the stalled position. That said, after about a week, the car ended up back in calibration, and the error went away. Perhaps you're in a similar situation. If you have a 12V source, you can manually cinch up the rear e-brakes, then try to let the car calibrate. I would guess the zero point is when they are cinched up, based on the CPU looking at the stalled motor amp draw. If one of them is loose/backed off the rotor, the amp draw will be dissimilar and it may produce an error. This is all speculation, brought forth from my own test results as I worked through a brake upgrade.

Ads